Thursday, March 12, 2009

Of School & Block Tests....

Wow, it felt like ages since I actually visited my own blog, yet alone posting new content. But first, I want to say-----

Happy Birthday to my mum!

It was her birthday this past Wednesday, the first day of Block Test 1. I feel rather bad because I kinda forgotten about her birthday as I was busy preparing for Econs on Wednesday. It was till at night when my father called then I suddenly remembered it was my mum's birthday. But I swear I remember her birthday -- I even wrote it in my organizer!

Well, anyway, I think this blog WAS dead. My previous update was more than a month ago. I think JC2 life is rather demanding, in the sense that you need to manage your time properly if you want to have enough time to do everything you wanna do in a day. Sadly, my blog was cast aside as I struggle to complete my tutorials, study for block tests, dance, play games (hey, everyone needs some time off right?) and rest.

Maybe it's kinda hard for you guys to get a sense of my schedule by only reading this blog. Basically, I have something on almost every weekday after school, on top having to complete tutorials and study for tests. My schedule goes something like this:

Monday -- School ends at 3pm; Ryan's LA/Lyrical Hip Hop Course at 7pm
Tuesday -- School ends at 11.30am
Wednesday -- School ends at 2.00pm; Badminton Recreational session from 2.30-4.30pm
Thursday -- School ends at 2.00pm; Ryan's Lyrical Hip Hop open class at 8pm
Friday -- School ends at 2.30pm; Bad Rec session from 2.30-4.30pm

Basically, other than Tuesday, I would have something on after school. This can get kinda hectic, especially when tutorials are piling up at the speed of light. That's not to say I don't complete my tutorial -- in fact, I usually complete ALL of my tutorials on time. But the amount of work to be done is plain crazy. Furthermore, the teachers are spamming tests in the weeks leading up to Block Test 1 (BT1). I had 3 freaking Geog Tests, 1 Chem class test and 1 Econs lecture test in the 3 weeks before the start of BT1. What the fuck, teachers. Mercy.

---------------------------------------------------

So far, BT1 has been something like this: O.o

BT1 started on Wednesday. GP was the first subject to be tested, and I can safely I fucking screwed up GP. Big time. For the first time, I couldn't finish my freaking GP essay!!! Like WTF right? I think my brain wasn't really in an optimized state to take a test, so I couldn't finish writing my essay consequently.

GP comprehension paper was.......interesting and intriguing. The passage given deals with a topic most teenagers (and maybe even adults) would be excited about: pornography and obscenity. There was this paragraph that went something like this: Viewing of pornography would induce "sexual regression", as individuals would try to achieve a sense of "self-gratification". My initial reaction when I understood the sentence was O.o. In other words, the author was implicitly stating that people who watches porn would masturbate, which would cause them to shy away from having sex since they can satisfy themselves. I totally wanted to burst out laughing.

Oh, and then there was the summary. Try to rephrase this point: "........is why people don't have sex in the public". One of my classmates (I won't say who) offered a direct answer: "......is the reason you won't find people fucking in the outdoors. I was laughing like crazy from that one.

But sadly, I didn't have time to finish the application question (which is something like an essay). The comprehension questions are also killer questions. Sigh. There goes my hope of getting C for GP.

On a lighter note, I did much better for Econs today. The essay questions are not particularly hard, especially when I have studied for Econs. I managed to finish writing 3 essays (or sub-parts), but I was writing my last essay halfway when the time was up. Even then, my essays are sufficiently long to get me what I hope to be a pass. I really hope I can get C or D for Econs this time round.

I have no paper tomorrow, so I think I'll spend the day mugging for the remaining 3 subjects, which are Chem, Math and Geog.

Actually, I have tons more to blog about, but I think I'll blog about them tomorrow after I finish revising. Danced for the whole afternoon and evening today. So come by tomorrow where I will be talking about more interesting stuff if my school life is not of your enjoyment.

Till then, I wish everyone good luck for Physics and Literature test tomorrow!