Monday, February 9, 2009

The Other Half

In my last post, I talked about school and how I spent my CNY. So it made sense that this update would be about my current status in dance and some other random stuff.

So what have I been doing in the world of dance?

As some of you know, I signed up for Ryan's LA/Lyrical Hip Hop I course, which actually commenced last Monday. I was just on time for the class and I went in to the studio. To my surprise, I find 5 other recital mates inside! Apparently, Felicia, Jia Xin, Kai Yin, Kelvin and Cherie also signed up for the same course! I thought I would only know Andrew in the whole class (Andrew is one of my graduated seniors, for the ppl who don't know), since he signed up with me.

Instead of "Hi!", the first thing I said to my recital mates was "Did you guys planned to come together or something?", to which they replied "No, it was all a coincidence". It was a pleasant coincidence, that's for sure. I haven't seen my recital mates in like ages, ever since the O School Recital last December. I learnt that there would be more recital mates in the class if the course have not been fully booked so fast; Farah and Helena wanted to join the course too!

Anyway, I think the course has helped me alot in improving my dancing. Unlike his open class, where he would be teaching the choreo very fast since he expects you to know the fundamentals, Ryan actually take alot of time to explain the details and mistakes in his course. In just 2 sessions, he already taught a handful of techniques and a choreo, and he wants us to practice for the next lesson. Guess I need to hit the PE studio tomorrow. Lol.

On top of the course, I still go for Ryan's Lyrical HH open class as usual. Last Thursday's choreo was probably THE hardest one I've learnt so far. He used the song "Angel" by Natasha Bedingfield. I tell you, even the pro ppl in the class have difficulties in learning the choreo, so you can infer that a noob like me totally died in that class. I forgot some steps here and there, and I couldn't catch the rhythm for some parts of the choreo. Just wait till he uploads the video on Youtube.

As promised, here's Ryan's choreo to Britney Spears' "Circus"--



Can't wait for his next open class!

-------------------------------------

Oh, I have a Sec 4 junior who's actually interested in Hip Hop! He actually asked me to teach him! LOL. My initial reaction was O_O because I think maybe I shouldn't be teaching him because I'm unsure of some of the fundamentals and I'm afraid I'll teach him the wrong stuff. But after some thinking, I guess maybe there's no harm in exposing him to Hip Hop. Plus, he's interested in Popping too! And he actually wanna go to O School and learn.

It's hard to find a junior from the High School Section who's actually really interested in Hip Hop. Most juniors are interested in BBoy, because they wanna learn all the power moves and show off, but they have no idea what Bboy actually is. For retards ppl like these, who doesn't boter to find out what bboy really is about, I happily defer them to the MAD Bboys coz I'm quite sure the bboys would have a "good" time giving them a crash course.

-------------------------------------

I found out yesterday what a small country Singapore really is.

Last Thursday, after Ryan's open class, I found out Cherie actually knows Hiroshi, which is my Geog Tutorial classmate.

I was studying with Ie Ching at KAP when I found out my OGL's ex-boyfriend knows Ie Ching and they were from the same class! I totally went O_o'''.

Then today Jin Xiang told me Heng Yang, who's one of my Malaysian Scholar junior, and also happens to be in my junior class, is actually his cousin. That one I said "WTF?!" in the middle of a lecture. Thank god Miss Lim didn't catch it.

The connectivity between ppl in the modern age is quite extraodinary. Ppl that you thought have no connection whatsoever between them actually turned out to be friends or relatives.

-------------------------------------------
Let me introduce a new game to play on your PSP, if you have one. It's called "Dissidia Final Fantasy". It's a new game from the geniuses which brought Kingdom Hearts series and the Final Fantasy series, SquareEnix.

This is really a dope game! The game features an all-star cast like Cloud & Sephiroth from FFVII and Tidus & Jecht from FFX. What's cooler is it's battle system. Check out the gameplay video--



During my free time, in-between lectures and tutorials (and sometimes even durng tutorials!), I would even play this game. It's freaking addictive coz it's damn fun. Mum, Dad, relax, I still got finish my tutorials before I start playing. Haha.

Anyway, I guess that's all for today.

It's another day of school.......