Wow, I haven't been to my own blog in like...........ages! In case you're wondering--
NO, THIS BLOG NOT DEAD!
Lol. Though there are quite a few things going on in my life, but it's not like I don't have the time to blog, but I think maybe it's because I have gotten used to not blogging for some time already. So after realizing this, I decided I would update as often as possible.
With the renewing of my commitment to this blog, I decided it's time for me to change the blog title. Readers of this blog would remember the old title -- "Don't sweat the technique!" -- which means not to focus too much on the technicalities of life and just live it! Interestingly, since the starting of this blog, I've had quite a number of people asking me what that phrase meant. Lol. There you have it. Haha.
"The Dancer's Rhythmic Heartbeat"
It took me a while to think of that title. I wanted this change of title to signify my journey and growth thru dance. When I just started dancing about one year ago, I am always told by Daniel, my hip hop instructor who's now in LA, that I shouldn't think too much of the technique and just...you know...dance. Fast forward one year later, I have understood what he meant.
Dancing is not about impressing others. Yes, impressing and entertaining people comes with the package, that's the role of a performing art. But as I continued dancing, I realized dancing is about materializing the music using one's body. To feel the music, dance, and touch others -- that is the true purpose of dancing. It's music made visible.
Now, whenever I listen to songs, I would subconsciously move my body to the music. On the MRT; on the bus; in my room; it doesn't matter where, but I couldn't really stop myself. When the music comes on, and the rhythm kicks in and resonates with my heartbeat, then I would start to move my body. I bet there are many dancers out there that share the same "problem" too.
-------------------------------------------
CNY was quite a blast this time round.
Drank some booze, visited lots of relatives, and gambled a little here and there. It's part and parcel of the joy of CNY. Contrary to the popular belief, no, I don't feel more relaxed and recharged even though I had a few more extra days. In fact, I think it's even more hectic than the previous year's. The amount of travelling was insane and my legs were going numb with inactivity. I think I almost fell sick actually, but thank god I didn't.
The food and snacks were delicious as usual. (What do you expect? It's Malaysian food. Lol.)
But the biggest surprise actually comes from my grandfather. My grandfather (my mum's father) was quite sick when I last saw him. But now, he actually out on quite some weight and is active again. I guess miracles do happen. I was quite relieved to see him well and active when I went back to my mum's hometown.
One of the interesting thing that happened during CNY was I finally got to learn the truth about my extended family. It was really a very long story, and I would like to typed it out on this blog, but maybe some time later. My dad broke the story down to a few parts and told me and my bro. Suddenly, everything makes alot of sense.
Last but not least, I got to celebrate CNY with my close Malaysian friends this time round. I guess I won't be seeing them till the June holidays.
----------------------------------------
School is a peaceful affair. Somewhat.
I think this year I get along with the guys in my class better, though sometimes the CT rep tend to target his insults at me for no reason at all. The amount of tutorials given (especially from the geog teachers) are more, and the pace of the lectures are getting faster, coz this IS the last year of JC afterall. Surprisingly, the stress is not as heavy as I thought it would be. It's inevitable that JC2 students will experience a certain stress level, but it's not as high as I expected to be, at least for now.
I seriously think I am becoming some kind of a mugger. Lol.
School would have been peaceful............without the massive influx of JC1s, that is. Their orientation has started the past Monday. Hardly a day goes by without their cheers and screams disrupting tutorials. I bet that's how our seniors felt too. It's commonly agreed that many of the high school guys in the new batch of JC1s are posers. Most guys also find, the pretty girls can be very pretty and the ugly ones are on the fugly end of the spectrum. Lol.
Watching the soon-to-be JC1s going through orientation is kinda nostalgic. Makes me wanna go through the whole orientation again and play the awesome OG games like slippery slope and dodgeball. Funnily, looking at the juniors, I don't really feel like a senior -- yet. Probably the realization that it's our final year haven't really sunk in yet.
---------------------------------------
I actually have lots more to blog about, but I guess this is enough for today. If you managed to finish reading my wordy post, then kudos to you. Not many people can do that, you know. Haha.
Till then, may you find your own rhythm in life.
-