Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Life is dance, dance is life

Wow. I wanted to start blogging a long time ago but always never had the time to do it. Finally started blogging. There are tons of things that I wanna blog about. I think it's important to keep my memories alive so that they are not forgotten.

I wanted to start a blog because life in JC is so fast-paced and packed that I want to keep track of it. Currently, I am involved in Change concert. (I can jus imagine Si quan and other MAD members yelling f*** at the mentioning of Change concert) There's rehearsal like almost everyday and thank god there's no rehearsal today and tomorrow. I am feeling damn shagged already from PW and schoolwork.

Alot of people asked me whether I'm in MAD or not. Well, I'm not. I failed the Hip-Hop auditions. Both of them. I jus can't freestyle when I'm nervous. Anyway, when I tell people "no", they would usually give me a quizzical look, like only MAD ppl can dance or something. Actually, there are many dancers out there that does not belong to a club or group. I go to O School to learn dance and I feel fortunate to learn there. I have this damn zai instructor named Daniel and he is damn good at teaching. He's damn funny too.

Anyway, I feel fortunate and honored to be dancing for Change concert. Mutton called me last Monday and ask me to dance for them. It turns out they have shortage of male dancers. The reason I feel fortunate to be dancing for Change is (no,not because i get to meet a gay singer) because I can dance with the other J1 MAD ppl. There are 8 male dancers and I'm the only one that's not in MAD. The others are Hip-Hoppers/BBoys. Karlton, Hui Hua, Siquan, Jia han, Sheng Hong, Chuan Khim, and Pao Pao. I feel damn honored to be dancing with them. Oh ya, I got to meet Glenn and Wilson (J2 BBoys) too. Another reason I feel honored is that they kinda count me as their "brother". I feel honored and ,at the same time, awkward bcoz I'm not in MAD.

But it saddens me that we are only working togeteher till this Sat. I learned alot from these guys. Like I learned shimmy, salsa, cc & other bboy moves from them. After this Sat, they will be working on Inspire'08 and we will part ways again. How i wish I can perform at Inspire with them. Ah well, I guess i have to look forward to OSchool Recital (the annual OSchool Concert) at the end of year. I am confident I will do well for the Hip Hop 2 and Hip Hop 3 course, and pass the auditions for the OSchool Recital (annual Oschool concert) at the end of year.

Anyway, I think alot of people that reads this doesn't know what is OSchool. OSchool is a dance studio near City Hall. Thay are consdered the best dance school in Singapore and they have the best instructors there. i feel proud to be an OSchooler. Now, I am bringing my friends there to learn dance like my classmate Wang Yi. He's not bad, considering last week Hip Hop 1 lesson was one of the hardest and he catched up swiftly.

Well, it's getting late. I think I should practise my shimmy and salsa. Shall post more tomorrow.

P.S. Jus received sms from Mutton. Got Change Rehearsal tomorrow! WTF! sian