I had a really shitty week.
Part of it is due to my own fault. Didn't study much for Block Test II, so now I'm feeling the consequence of it. Shitty effort equates to shitty results. My parents are probably going to have a heart attack when they see the result slip. Not the most pretty sight on Earth. Now I'm really stressed up about Prelims, which is coming in about 5 weeks. I lost my focus for Block Test, but I swear I'll give it my all for Prelims and A-Levels.
I took 2 hours to sit down and list all the topics for each subject and organizing my schedule. Then I realized that 5 weeks is barely enough. 24 hours seems very short right now. The problem is compounded by the fact that all the teachers are spamming revision work, tutorials, consultations and whatsoever. I'm pretty sure Ms Ooi will give me a timetable and list my study plan for her again, as if I don't know how to do it myself. It's really intellectually quite insulting.
--------------------------------------------------
By the way, there was no flag raising for these few weeks. Just when I thought the school finally see the uselessness of the propaganda, they decided to bring it back again. And these few weeks have been kinda retarded and fucking irritating. Since there's no flag raising, one might think that it's natural to reach school later, after all, the pointless propaganda they call "flag raising" was gone.
But NO, they want us to reach school the same fucking time!
It must be the idea of some smart-ass sitting in the office. Give us students a break, will you? We are all going through a rough time, and you HAD to make us wake up early, don't you. I don't see polytechnics have flag raising and universities having flag raising everyday. Do you? You and your stupid traditions and propaganda. How is the school supposed to adapt to modern culture when it still adheres to rigid traditions? Change is needed to evolve and survive. No wonder more and more smart students choose to go to polytechnics nowadays. No uniforms, no fucking flag raising, no hair check etc. I'm sorry, HCI, but this is the sad truth. The rules suck. Big time.
As a result of the whole situation, students are playing hide-and-seek with the teachers every morning. More so, now that we still need to come to school early even though there's no flag raising. It's really quite pathetic. Teachers had to be stationed at certain entrances to catch students, while students are searching for shortcuts and secret passages to avoid detection. It's almost as though the teachers had nothing better to do.
Have fun playing your cat-and-mouse games, but you'll never catch us.
------------------------------------------------------
Amidst all the busyness, O School Recital is back! The auditions falls on 23rd August, which is coincidentally the same day as my younger bro's birthday. I realized I kinda need to get in to fill my portfolio. At the same time, I'm kinda worried about all the rehearsals affecting my studies. But I managed to do well for Promos last year through the weekly rehearsals, and I guess I'll have to do the same this year, assuming I got in the recital again. I really really hope I could get into LA/Lyrical Hip Hop this year.
---------------------------------------------------------
But the thing that made my week shitty was when I found out that there were "friends" spreading bad news about me behind my back. This is what I consider the ultimate betrayal of friendship.
Imagine people that you have known for so long spreading rumors and making fun of you behind your back. I totally had no idea of it since they act so nicely in front of me. But now that the cat's out of the bag, I see what they really are. Call me naive, but I don't badmouth my friends behind their backs, and I expect them to do the same. If you guys have problems with me, then come and tell me straight in the face. Don't act like some fucking pussy, guys.
Not only I'm bothered by the act, I'm also bothered by the contents of what they say. I admit that I made mistakes in the past, and I'm really not proud of them. If you want to talk about those things, then fine, it's up to you since I really made those mistakes. But some of things you say don't even have a basis. Looks like you don't know me well at all, even though we had known each other for long.
The best part is that now that I know everything, I'm just taking my time and observe what kind of hypocrites they can be. I am really disappointed by the whole incident. The funniest part is actually they also backstabbed each other. Wow, they really are "close friends", aren't they? But I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. A few more months then we'll graduate. Don't expect me to keep in contact with some of you guys. It's not like we were really close friends anyway. I think I'll be using the blocking feature on Facebook after that.
-----------------------------------------------
Anyway, I started going for Ryan's Lyrical Hip Hop class again since last week. This was the choreo used by him--
Hope you guys enjoyed watching the video as much as I enjoy dancing it. It was really a very nice choreo, and it's not easy too. Had a few mistakes here and they in the video.
And I'll be going for Ahmad's class with Ie Ching on Saturday evening!!! Haven't seen my favourite "bimbo" in a long time. Haha. Tomorrow will be the day we spent catching up!!! Yay!
---------------------------------------------------------
When the time runs deep into the wee hours, I would be thinking of you. Hope you'll do okay for your upcoming exams too. We may not have the chance to see each other often, but I hope you know that I'm always thinking of you.
--------------------------------------------------------
So, I guess I'll end here. I congratulate you if you actually managed to finish reading the long post. I also apologize that you had to read through my unpleasant rants.
Till then, may you reflect on the reflection in the mirror.
-