Monday, July 6, 2009

That's Why I <3 Sundays

Note: I split my post into 3 parts -- "That's Why I Love Sundays", "R.I.P Michael Jackson", and "The Man In The Mirror" -- because they are all posts that I think deserve a post of their own. Additionally, the post would be too long if I were to merge them together. Hope you guys enjoy reading as much as I enjoy typing them.

I'm beginning to love Sundays more and more.

Used to hate them because it made me feel like I can't let fully relax because the next day is a schooling day. That would mean I need to finish my homework, do my laundry, clean my room, sleep earlier than I would like to etc. Basically, things I have to do to prepare for the week ahead.

Nowadays, I'm enjoying my Sundays. I still have to do all those stuff mentioned just now. It's because I now have weekly classes to look forward to on Sunday. And I also like to hang out with the other dancers after class.

I literally spent the whole day at PoMo yesterday. Woke up around 12pm. Reached PoMo just in time for Ahmad's class. He continued last week's choreo, which was to "Relax(Take It Easy)" by Mika. This week's choreo was even harder than last week's. Not to mention, tiring too. Even though it wasn't as long as say.......his "Kiss Me Through The Phone" choreo (which was 16 FREAKING 8-BEATS to be taught in 1.5 hours) or his "Flying Solo" choreo, but this choreo was dead tiring. When a choreo is tiring and hard to execute perfectly, you know that choreo is going to be very nice. So I really enjoyed his class yesterday. I'll post the link to the video when he uploads it on Facebook (seems to me Ahmad likes to upload his vids on Facebook nowadays, which means you gotta have an account to watch it).

After the class, hung out at the reception area while Ahmad was trying to repair the sound system in one of the studios. I dunno since when he became a handyman, but I'm definitely not going to ask him to repair anything anytime soon, because I ended up waiting nearly an hour and he DIDN'T manage to fix it.

While waiting for him to waste our timefix the speakers, I was watching Alex's class. The best part was that he used one of my FAVOURITE MICHAEL JACKSON SONG --- "Man In The Mirror". Liked his interpretation of the song, with some signature Michael Jackson moves thrown in. Man, I wish I had gone for his class. Seems to me alot of the instructors nowadays use Michael Jackson's songs in honor of his death.

So anyway, went to Mad Jack with Ahmad and Shu Ting. We were chatting away happily in the restaurant, so not surprisingly, we were the noisiest ones there. Ahmad treated both of us to chicken wings and cheese fries, which was nice of him. Which instructor would do that for his students? Not many, I bet. Some instructors don't even communicate with their students outside class, yet alone treat them to lunch.

Puay Son came to join us after Kate's class ended. Amusingly, Kate also used another one of MJ's songs --- "You Make Me Feel". Had a nice long chat with the 3 of them. I really like chatting with my dance friends. Mainly because they are mostly honest and genuine when it comes to what they say. Needless to say, I had a great afternoon with them.

Ahmad told me I had improved since I first took his lesson a few months back. According to him, I "hit the beat" better now. Which means my movements are clearer and more in tune with the rhythm nowadays. But I still have to work on my old bad habits and alot more if I want to improve. I was genuinely happy but yet humbled by his comments.

Afterthat, me and Ahmad went back to Danzppl. It was raining heavily outside PoMo and I don't have an umbrella with me. Ahmad had to teach another class while I hung out at the reception area -- again. Had an enlightening chat with Yi Fan, one of the instructors, whole the whole time I was there. Jie Xiao, another one of the instructors joined our convo. Before we knew it, Ahmad's class was over and Winnie came to meet him. You might think that's when we left, but wrong, we didn't leave. The 5 of us were the last few ppl there, and we continued chatting and gossiping. It was around 8 o'clock when Ahmad asked us to leave so he could lock the place.

While Ahmad and Winnie went to catch a movie, the 3 of us continued chatting at a coffee shop. Apparently, Jie Xiao is an alumni from HC, which pretty much means he's my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grand senior. Though I admit there's something about him that doensn't make him look like a HC mugger. Even he admits it himself. And both Yi Fan and Xiao are from NUS Dance Blast, which I plan to join if I got into NUS next year. According to them, A levels is the craziest paper they've ever taken, which didn't excite me especially since I have about 4.5 months left to A levels.

I make my way from PoMo to Dhoby Ghout MRT with Xiao. Could you still believe it was STILL raining???!!! It was already around 8.30pm, and it started raining in the early afternoon. When we reached the MRT, we parted ways there (coz I'm taking bus from the bus stop). But not before he gave a hug, which surprised me, largely because I have only hung out with him twice.

Moments like this are the reason why I love to hang out with the dancers. Don't get me wrong; I like to hang out with all kinds of ppl. In fact, a few of my close friends are non-dancers. There are all kinds of dancers: the egoistic and arrogant ones; the humble and down-to-earth kind; the loud and stylish ones. Just like how they are all types of people. But the ones I hang out with are genuine, honest and caring. And that's why I <3 them.

Hopefully the rest of my Sundays will be like this.

Forever.

P.S To Nik, Brian and Anne! When are you guys coming for Ahmad's lesson? I miss hanging out with you guys!!!