Wednesday, December 10, 2008

End Of The Ride

The past one week has been very surreal. Everything past by with a blur and by the time I know it, I'm already back home in Malaysia. I have lots of things to blog about, so I decided to split it into 2 posts. The OSchool Recital deserves a post of its own, so that's why I posted it above.

Daniel's sudden departure a week ago is still fresh in my mind. I remembered the pictures we took and the supper we had. I wonder how he's doing now.

Between juggling open classes, recital rehearsals, packing my things, and studying for SAT, I still had to write cards for my seniors. I have quite a few seniors that played a large role in my JC life, as you guys would have known. Some of them are Malaysian Scholars, but not suprisingly, most of them are dancers. I had to write ten cards in total, each about 3 pages, so it took me quite a long time to finish writing them.

The night the recital was over, I returned to boarding school and finish packing up all my stuff. By the time I was done, it was already well into the wee hours of the morning. I spent my Tuesday afternoon finish writing the cards before heading to the MAD senior chalet. I had to drag 2 big luggages from Bukit Timah to Pasir Ris, and one of the wheels on my luggage was broken halfway through. It took me 2 and a half freaking hours to reach the chalet.

My only reason of going there is to spend my last night with my favourite seniors. I like chatting with my seniors into late night, and I am going to miss the conversations like these. I couldn't really sleep because the bed I slept on wasn't really comofortable; in the end I only slept for around 4 hours. Despite all the trouble, I think it's worth it.

I realized in the morning that I left my passport in the boarding school. My first thought when I realized this was "WTF???!!!! I knew something was missing!!!". I had to call a cab from the chalet to the baording school, then to Lavender Street, where I was taking my coach. The bloody cab ride costed 27 bucks in the end.

Now, I'm back at home with my lovely family. The rollercoaster ride is officially over. Like most rollercoaster rides, it's the fun and exhilliration that makes one to want to take the ride over and over again.

P.S Walao, I am itching to dance!