Actually, before this, I didn't really feel very high or extremely excited over it. I just taught of it like another performance. Then one of my friends sms-ed me to ask about his tickets, then I suddenly remembered I have quite a number of ppl coming to watch me. It hit me that I gotta put on my best for tomorrow because I don't want to disappoint them by making silly mistakes on stage.
Today's rehearsal at Singapore Poly was kinda nerve-racking, if you ask me. Daniel is in LA now (if you didn't know that, you really should read blogs more often), so Ryan took over for the blocking. But the thing is, he doesn't really "get" our item. Sure, he gave us comments on our dancing, but in terms of stage blocking and dance steps, I don't think he really know how to improve them. Sigh. If only Sun Ho didn't want Daniel too badly.
And Singapore Poly's "Convential Hall" is actually like some gigantic theatre la. It's MUCH bigger than my school's auditorium, which is actually already quite gigantic, and it has so many facilities! The seats are so comfy somemore! It even has a rehearsal studio and a lift in the basement!
We went through the finale item first and it was kinda fun. With ppl jus swarming around back and forth, it was quite comical actually. Those of you coming tomorrow will know what I'm talking about. Lol.
Then it was our blocking. I screwed up quite alot during our blocking because my newly-bought cargo pants was too freaking big and I didn't have a belt with me. So I danced with a very loose and baggy cargo pants, and it was almost dropped down
After that, Ryan gave us comments before we went to self-prac at the rehearsal studio in the basement. I am going to miss these moments that I spent with my recital mates once it's all over.
You know, I never EVER regretted get into Daniel's item. In fact, I wasn't even supposed to be involved in the first place. Yes, our choreo is not as nice as some others, but I think concept-wise, our item is better. C,mon, it even has a storyline! No other item has that! My only regret was that we didn't organize enough self-prac and we are not VERY synchro, like say..... Ann Tan's recital item. But I think we did okay, and I will treasure this experience.
I guess I never really felt excited because I have alot to do these few days. Busy preparing for SAT, packing up my belongings, doing a surprise for some of my seniors...... I guess I was too caught up in other things before realizing that the Recital is coming to an end. Now that it's tomorrow, I am getting very excited, nervous, and happy at the same time! I hope our item will be great tomorrow, rather than just good, because I think it can be.
One more day to OSchool Recital! C'mon guys, let's do this!