Promos Revision
As Promos getting nearer, I find myself mugging more and more. I can't help it. I just feel that I MUST give my best for the upcoming Promos if I want to be promoted to J2; to keep my scholarship; to be around with my friends; and most importantly, to continue my passion of dancing. As I spend more and more time on revision, it means lesser and lesser time for me to to the things I like. So that also means I didn't dance much within this week. Argh.
As for my revision, I think it's going ok but not as great as expected. I remembered saying I wanted to finish studying by the end of this week, but then I realized it's impossible, given the amount of topics to go through. I managed to finish going through all the Econs topics and making notes, so I just need to practise writing essays before consulting Madam Tengara this coming Wednesday.
And there's a Chem test on Monday, which is on Organic Chem. Frankly speaking, I haven't revised Organic Chem, because I am busy revising the earlier topics. But I must start revising Organic Chem by tomorrow if I don't wanna die on Monday. As for Math, I just need to finish revising 3 more topics to be done with it, and also consult Mrs Koh on Thursday. But the problem lies with Geog, because I haven't started anything at all. And there's only 11 more days left. And I am supposed to meet Miss Ong Shir Nee for consultation on Wednesday/ Thursday. Shit man.
Enough on my revision, cause I think I bore you guys enough. Moving on -
Soul Eater
After finish revising Econs yesterday, I thought that I should reward myself by doing something that I haven't done in a very long time -- watching anime. Watching anime was one of my favourite past time (before dancing came along =) ). Juinn Lin have lots of anime on his comp, so I went to his room (which is just beside mine) to watch the new anime series titled "Soul Eater". It's seriously one of the best anime I ever watched. I like the pace of the anime, which is very fast, unlike some of the established animes like Naruto and Bleach.
You see, many of the popular animes have started to slow down their pace to squeeze more money from its fans, and this totally pissed my off. I know that because of that, the fan base is slowly but surely being eroded away. I hope animes like Naruto and Bleach will lose all of its fan base and die of bankruptcy in the end, unless this make their anime go at a faster pace.I got so frustrated by the sheer slowness of the anime that I got disgusted and stopped watching the animes altogether. But Soul Eater is different, because its storyline moves at sucha fast pace.
I like the humor in the anime. The characters, and the concepts. And the story is so original and fresh. Its too long for me to say, so just check out the first episode to get a taste of what the anime is about:
Episode 1, Part 1
Episode 1, Part 2
Episode 1, Part 3
I swear to you that you won't regret clicking on the videos. It's super nice to watch. Anyway, let's move on the my favourite topic: Dance!
Ann Tan's (Lyrical) Hip Hop II Open Class
Before I went to OSchool, I spent my whole morning mugging Chem. Well anyway, this is my first time going for a Hip Hop II Open Class, and also the first time I was really taught by Ann Tan. (No, the time she took over Daniel's Open Class didn't count) And I didn't regret going for the class. Her class got surprisingly few ppl today (I only counted about 8 or 9 ppl.....hmm....).
When she took over Daniel's class the other time, her style was totally different than what she did today, although she has her trademark isolations in it. Totally she did lyrical! That was the last thing I expected. I was seriously damn, damn, damn happy when I found out she was going to do lyrical for the lesson today! This makes it the first time I'm learning a proper lyrical choreography.
She used the song "Almost" by Tamia. Her choreography proved to be rather difficult and fast, but I didn't find many problems with it, surprisingly. I liked her choreo alot! And she is damn good at teaching because she pays attention to every single detail. I wanted to kick myself for not attending her Open Classes before today.
After class, she talked to me outside the studio. She said that I was looking rather tensed during the class, to which I replied that it was my first time learning lyrical and going for her class. And she said something I totally didn't expect her to say (allow me a moment of ego) -- she said: "You did quite well just now". I was totally stunned by what she said, because it's not everyday I got commended. I think I blushed because she said my face was red. I feel damn ecstatic to be praised by an instructor that I learned from for the first time. She said that some of the regulars had problem doing the choreo. So I guess I didn't screw up that badly (though I personally think I did....)
She also said something that I found tp be damn true. During class, some ppl had problems remembering the choreo. Ann Tan said: "When you learn something, your body will naturally remembers it, and creates a rhythm for it. So you couldn't remember it because you hesitated." It's very true, IMO. At the started of the year, I always try hard to remember the choreo, but I couldn't remember them in the end. But I later realized that actually there's no need to memorize the move, but I should just let my body move naturally.
Halfway throughout the lesson, she was looking at me and said: "Eh, you stressed ah? You look damn scary, you know." I was totally like LOL. I guess it's my facial expression again. Alot ppl tell me that I look fierce when I dance. I think it's because I try to focus on the dance. I seriously need to learn how to control my facial expression when I dance. Dancing is not just about moving the body, but also showing the correct emotions through facial expressions. I learnt this the hard way.
Anyway, let's stop talking about her class and move on to -
Hip Hop III Course
Daniel totally used the Open Class choreo he thought a few weeks ago. Actually I was feeling quite sian diao because it means that I learnt nothing new this week.
Anyway, after class I asked Daniel whether I can join the OSchool Recital practise tomorrow. Honestly, I just wanted to learn more from Daniel through the Recital practise, not because I wanted to perform. I didn't get through the auditions, so I can't perform, period. But I really want to learn more from Daniel, so I plucked up the courage to ask him.
Honestly, I expected the answer to be a short and simple "NO". But I was quite sursprised that he allowed me to go! I was ecstatic again, for the second time in the day. Woo hoo! I can learn the Recital piece! He doesn't me to spread to the other OSchoolers, but I'm posting here anyway, since I guess only a few OSchoolers read my blog and all of them already knew anyway.
So tomorrow I am going to accompany Nik to the Recital practice. Cool! Damn excited! And that also means that I must finish revising Organic Chem tomorrow morning. The practise will be from 2-4pm. If I couldn't finish revising, I could still revise at night.
Phew, what a long post. I think I should end here for now. Ciao.