Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Road To Presidency

With the presidential elections set to take place on November 4th, all eyes are set on the US Presidential Campaign that's going on. The global media are eyeing the campaigns somewhat anxiously, as the presidental elections decides, to put it bluntly, whether assholes are stuffed into the White House.

Personally, I never really was interested in US preidential elections, until recently. With all the talk that's going on, it's hard not to be rolled into the conversations. This year's presidential elections presents interesting twists: it is the first election that we are close to getting a female US president; the first election where an African-American is representing the Democrats; the first where the topic of sexist is widely brought up. It will be interesting to follow and see the outcome. I hope we don't get another talking asshole who likes bombing any country with Muslims, as a president. (It's the reason why I don't want Sarah Palin to get the Vice President)

Anyway, I just watched this video which I found to be damn funny. It's a spoof featuring Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. But before you watch, take note of the following points to get the jokes:
  • Hillary Clinton believed that she lost the representation of Democrats to Obama due to sexist reasons. So now she could only reluctantly support Obama.
  • It is also the reason why she holds a grudge against Palin. Since Parlin is the running mate of John McCain, she would be the the Vice President if John wins the election. So theoretically, Sarah is closer to becoming an US President as compared to Clinton.
  • Palin has questionable credentials: she lied about visiting Iraq
  • Palin also lives near Russia, therefore she think it's easier for her to deal with them

So enjoy the video!