In
So, the past 2 days was like a holiday-getaway (hey, it rhymes!) for a dancer. When I woke up this morning, I know the holiday has ended and things will go back to normal again. Actually, it's kind of ironic, because the real school holiday has just started today. And since I didn't mug at all on Saturday, I must mug doubly hard today to make up for it. It's time to mug, mug, and mug! I hate the return to reality, though it's a fact of life that no one can go on a holiday forever. Sian.
But I know that it's not the last "holiday". There's KO Night grand Finals this Friday, which I', considering whether to go. (To my dance peeps: I think if I feel I revised suffieciently in the next few days, then I would go.) Then Saturday is dance,as usual. Also there's Mid-Autumn Festival in school after the Hip Hop 3 lesson. I am torn between going back to school for MAF Celebration or going to watch Suntec Dance Finals. Shit man, they have to put it on the same bloody night.
Talking bout dance, I dunno why, recently I started choreographing lyrical hip-hop without much of a problem. This is weird, considering 2 weeks ago, I was still struggling to choreo any lyrical stuff at all. It came naturally. Maybe what Ann Tan said was true: "Just relax and let the moves come to you naturally". I have more or less finished choreographing
Oh yeah, and I also have the urge to start doing what I haven't done in a very long time -- remixing songs. Maybe "Apologize" + "So Sick" by Ne-Yo + "Knock'Em Dead (The Gunshot Song) by Kaba Modern + "Little Weapon" by Lupe Fiasco + ........ Haven't finished thinking of what songs to remix. But that's a start. The problem is finding good transitions..... But I don't think I have much time to remix the songs. With 23 more days to go, I would be commiting suicide if I don't mug alot in the coming weeks. If only I have extra time, then I'll start remixing songs.
Another thing is that I realized yesterday what a potent tool a religion is. No offence to the ppl who have a religion, but what I meant is that religion is a good way for ppl to seek faith, hope, relief, etc. IMO, religion is like a set of values to guide oneself to do well in life, and I wouldn't want to think religion is worshipping someone (think about it, do you want everyone to worship you when you're gone?).
Yes, I am a atheist, meaning I believe in things that can be scientifically or logically proven to be true, so that's why I prefer to be a free-thinker. But I cannot deny how powerful a tool religion can be in giving ppl faith and hope, so I see nothing wrong in religion. It's a personal choice whether to believe. For me, I don't seek faith in others, but I seek faith in myself. And that's part of the reason why I choose not to have any religion. I'm a very realistic person, maybe too realistic. I dunno whether I would go to hell for being a free-thinker (is there even hell in the first place?), but I do know that if I'm going, I bet there are tons of ppl who have religion and who are morally corrupted to go to hell with me.
Anyways, I think I should go and start studying. Returning to that mundane cycle that is mugging....