As usual, I made my way to OSchool around noon for Daniel's Hip Hop Open Class today. After signing up, paying and everything, then Diana, Nik, Wei Jie and me went in to the usual Orange Studio to warm up. Suddenly, Ann Tan (one of the OSchool instructors) walked in and said she will be replacing Daniel's class today. Apparently, most of the instructors are now in KL to prepare for a performance at Sunway Pyramid (actually, it's damn near my home in Malaysia), and the computer system is screwed today, so Daniel is taking over the counter job. That's why Ann Tan is replacing Daniel.
The look on Diana's face when Ann Tan finish speaking was priceless. You see, Diana has a phobia for isolations, and it was rumored Ann Tan has a fetish for them. (Ain't that right, Diana? Haha.) Turns out the rumours were right. She did quite a few isolations in her choreo. But I really enjoyed her choreo and her style. Very fun. I love isolations, so naturally I would love her style. =)
Lunch @ OCafe
After class, as usual, we have about 3 hours to kill before our Hip Hop 3 course starts. We decided to have lunch at OSchool's very own OCafe. We tried the pasta and it was cheap and delicious. To the point that I ate 2 plates of pasta. Wei Jie left after eating. Ie-Ching attended Ann Tan's Hip Hop 2 Open Class while we have our lunch. Not long after, Freddie and Brian came.
While waiting, we chit-chatted and crapped around as usual. Brian brought his homemade cookies: one jar for us, and another for Daniel. Since it's Teacher's Day (well, sort of), Diana bought Daniel a shirt while the rest of us wrote messages to Daniel. We planned to give Daniel the gifts then ask him out for dinner.
After like 2 hours, we go to the spot outside White Studio to watch Daniel's Class while waiting for ours to start.
Hip Hop 3
The class was quite fine today. Though the pace seemed to slow down a bit, somewhat. We learned some new moves which are quite dope IMO. I'm too lazy to describe them so I shall skip till after class, which is the real enjoyment of the day.
Dinner with Daniel
After class, we stayed behind to give Daniel the gifts. Daniel looked quite surprised actually. I bet he didn't expect this at all. But he did suspect something was amiss earlier on, because when we wished him "Happy Teacher's Day" and gave him the gifts, he went: "No wonder you guys were so quie just now lah." It's true that usually we would be quite noisy in class.
Anyway, we asked him to join us for dinner. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say yes, because I know he is quite a busy person. To my surprise, he did say yes, but he asked us to wait for him while he finish doing some admin matters. I went to the White Studio and found no one there, so naturally, I started dancing myself in the studio while waiting for Daniel to be done. Not long after, Brian, Nik and Diana came and practised too.
Me, Diana, Nik and Brian cam-whoring.
We also played arund with the stretching machine. I didn't know that I could stretch that much actually. Brian was like "OMG! You have natural flex!" *with eyeballs buldging*. Haha.
After like 20 minutes, Daniel was done and he suggested we walked to Somerset area. According to him, there's a ramen shop that he strongly recommends.
So, the 7 of us (Freddie, Brian, Nik, Diana,Daniel, Ie-Ching, and me) made our way to Somerset. But while we were outside The Cathay, Daniel mentioned that there's a beef noodle restaurant that he strongly recommends too. So into The Cathay we went.
Today we learned a valuable lesson: Never ever pass the menu to Daniel. Ok, fine, it's a joke, but you'll see why. Since we know nothing about the restaurant, we asked Daniel to help us "dian3 cai4". Then we continued talking without paying much attention to what Daniel was saying, and blindly nodding our heads to everything. Wow, big mistake.
At first, the beef noodles came. They were damn big bowls, I tell you. Then the drinks came. Next was the pumpkin kueh. Then 2 trays of the "xiao long pao" (soup dumplings) came. Then the chicken wings came. Then....... well, you get the idea. Plate after plate of dishes came plopping down on our table because Daniel ordered them. At first we though he only ordered a few dishes, but when we reailze he ordered alot, our eyes started buldging at the amount of food on our table. There was so much food, we can't finish them. But the food was like damn nice la. So yeah, don't pass the menu to Daniel next time. Haha.
We had lots of fun talking and getting to know Daniel. Actually, deep down, I feel damn honoured to have him eating dinner with us, because I respect him so much. He talked about his life as a dance instructor; life at OSchool; what Hip Hop really is; abit of his siblings; etc. He also encourage us to work hard and improve in our respective genres. Actually, he's a very friendly person. I thought that the talk might be awkward, but I realize that fear has no base.
Oh, and he pointed out something that hadn't occured to me until then. He indirectly pointed out that we (Nik, Diana, Ie-Ching, Brian, Freddie, and me) come from different background, and he asked whether we are a dance crew. Well, I realized that we are quite an odd combination actually. A few secondary school students, an ITE student, a JC student, and also a soon-to-be 19 girl. That's who we are. Another interesting thing to not is that all of us joined OSchool at roughly the same time, which is the start of this year. I feel really grateful to have met them actually. Oh yeah, we are not
After stuffing our stomachs till we can no longer eat, Daniel went to pay for the dinner. He was actually prepared to pay for the expensive dinner (which explains the copious amount of food he ordered), but of course we didn't let him. Each of us paid him 15 bucks each, although he was reluctant to accept it. Though he didn't reveal the total amount, my guess is that the dinner cost about 120-140 bucks, at least. He said that he would treat us to eat ramen next week, probably after KO night finals.
We took a picture outside the restaurant. Here it is--
I'm infront. From left to right: Diana, Brian, Daniel, Freddie, Nik and Ie-Ching
I'm infront. From left to right: Diana, Brian, Daniel, Freddie, Nik and Ie-ChingWell, the quality is quite bad, but I suppose it's enough to make out the faces.
Hui Xian, I bet you must be damn jealous right? Haha. Joking joking. Too bad you had a performance tonight. Nevermind, you can join us for ramen next week! =)
Wait, there's more
After the dinner @ Fort Canning Park
Daniel left us after the dinner. But instead of going home, the remaining 6 of us decided to head to the nearby Fort Canning Park to chill and dance. We freestyled and danced here and there. Diana left early, while the rest of us left arounnd 10pm.
So yeah, that's how my whole day was spent. Very tiring, but very fun. Tomorrow I'm meeting Diana, Nika nd Ie-Ching to watch Hui Xian, Freddie, and Brian's performance at Tampines. Which means we are seeing each other again tomorrow. Luckily it's the holidays now. Anyway, I must mug first before I meet them. Cannot neglect my studies anymore. And I need to make up for the things I didn't study today.
Now you know why I said this Saturday was even better than the last. Hopefully it will always be this way.