Monday, August 25, 2008

The Passing Flame

Wow, 2nd post for today. Jus came back not long ago from giving tuition. Actually, it's an SL project, but I bet many ppl didn't know that. Anyway, William's parents kindly fetched me back to the boarding. It's one of those very rare times when I don't need to take a bus back to boarding school eventually, and everytime I would feel sleepy and shagged on the bus while my other groupmates would already be sleeping at home. So, yeah, thanks to William's dad!

There's nothing much to blog about today, so I shall blog about the Olympics instead. Yes, the Olympics. Ok, the ppl who know me well enough would know that I'm not really a sporty person. True, I like to dance, but plain exercising is kinda boring for me. So to those ppl, it would be especially surprising to them that I'm actually blogging about a sporting event.

I actually watched the whole Olympics Closing Ceremony last night. IMO, it was spectacular. Though I know some ppl think it's boring, I actually think some of the performance were quite outstanding. Like the "blooming" tower of ppl; the London introduction; some of the singing, fireworks etc. I don't wanna think about the amount of money they spent on the closing ceremony itself. And I don't even wanna think about how much pollution the whole Olympics brought about to the country with already severe pollution problems. You go, China! I know you can pollute more!

Anyway, this Olympics is definitely one of the best I have ever watched. It's the first time when I actually paid attention to what's going on in a sporting event. I usually would shrugged it off. I got to admit that the PE lesson on Olympics spurred my interest somewhat. Olympics is one of those sporting events where legends are made. And it's the only event where countries all over the world unite in a common cause, regardless of race, language and terrorism, oil dispute, George W. Bush, corruption, doping..... religion.

Watching Michael Phelps clinching 8 gold medals sure is entertaining. And watching all the athletes, all so determined in getting their medals, made me respect their determination. In a way, it gave me inspiration to continue practising dance. After watching the Closing Ceremony, I told myself that when I can afford it, I will take 3 weeks off to go and watch the Olympics. I want to witness the making of legends, and be part of the amazing event.

Olympics 2012 will be held in London, and the baton was passed down yesterday. "Youths of the world were called to assemble in London in 4 years time". Only time will tell whether the next Olympics will beat Beijing's one.

Well, moving on, I just realized that the final EOM is supposed to be handed in soon. I haven't finish editing it yet. And there's Math test on Wednesday. Oh yeah, got back my Econs Lecture test today. I scored a pathetic 6/15 marks. I hate writing Econs essay. And I think I should start practising the Open Class and HH3 Course Choreo.

It's getting late. Shall stop here for now. Ciao.