
The event that I've been waiting for is finally here. The O School Auditions! I actually signed up for 3 genres: Hip Hop, Lyrical Hip Hop and B-boy. Yes, I know my B-Boy is not good yet, that's why I'm planning to train hard for the auditions. =) Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try. Heh. But the only thing that sucks is that there's a Math lecture test on the next day. Talk about clashing... I guess I need to study before the weekends, since Hip Hop 3 starts on August 16, which is the day before the auditions.
Anyway, yesterday's Hip Hop Day in school was only okay for me. It's actually a PW trial by some of the groups in school. They had B-Boying, Deejaying, Graffiti, and Emceeing. Actually, I think the turnout was kinda small because I thought more ppl would come. The bboy battles/cypher was not bad, and I finally get to see some of the ppl in action. Like Hong Liang, Edwin and Jon Neo. Actually, I see some improvement in some ppl, but I also see some ppl deproved or remain stagnant (I don't wanna name names). Probably no time to practise I guess.
However, I think the emcees are quite lousy. But there's a special guest-rapper, nicknamed "Bless". His rapping is dope man. The lyrics just come out of his mouth so fluently and the lyrics are so meaningful. The DJ was okay I guess.
I went to practise dance with Tse Young after we had dinner. We practised from 7.30pm to about 10.30pm. It's the first time I practised so late at night. Though he lives next door to my room, we never really rpactised with each other. Yesterday was the first time we really practised together. Jin Xiang also dropped by and practised after a while. After practise, me and TY went to KAP for supper. Heh. :P
Today's Hip Hop I Open Class was freaking gay. I seriously think that Daniel is raising his standards for the class, even though it was supposed to be a beginner's class. But I'm not complaining, because harder means I got more things to learn. ;) He taught us quite a few locking moves today, whcih was rather surprising. Since I was late for the class, I had trouble keeping up. When the video is uploaded, I'm going to post it here and you guys can just laugh at me.
Then I went off to meet up with Valerie, Jun Kang, and William for PW. Today we went to have another interview with another counsellor from another home for juvenile delinquents. When we reached Muhammadiyah Welfare Home, we felt kinda sppoked out because the place was rather creepy. We spoke to Nisa, the counsellor, and we realized that the home was suitable for us to conduct our mini-trial (I hope). We'll see how it goes. This means more work for us -> Lesser time for ourselves.
Oh yeah, something funny happened during the interview. After stoning for 20minutes in silence, the first question that came out of Jun Kang was: "Where is the toilet?" We burst out laughing like mad. I was laughing my balls off so hard that it took a while to return to my formal composure. We left the place after interviewing Nisa for 2 hours.
Then we had dinner at Plaza Singapura's burger King. We discussed alot about our project and we decided to continue with a mini-trial. Had a good chat with William afterwards, and we were talking about how lucky our group is. We came to the conclusion that Miss Ong, our previous GP/PW teacher, decided to form the PW groups by choosing the members from different social groups. That's why you get groups like Yew Wei, Ningxin, En Hao, and two more ppl I can't recall now. I'm quite thankful for my PW group because my group is seriously the most enthu group in our class. We get things done properly.
And William was saying how Mr Shyam, our current GP/PW tutor, is as good as Miss Ong. He said something that struck me:"Wilfred, can you remember how Miss Ong teaches? Because I can't" I realize that Miss Ong has left us for 3 months already. Again, time flies. 3 months passed by just like that. It seemed to me that Miss Ong's farewell party was only like yesterday. So many things has happened within this 3 months, that I felt as though time passed by like a blink of an eye.
Not too long ago, block tests were around the corner. Now, the Promos are looming over us. I bet not too long after, it would be the end of Promos, and I would be dancing away happily in the PE studio and practising for OSchool Recital (I hope). Tick tock, tick tock. Time is ticking away too fast.... That's why we should grab hold of our oppartunities and make good use of our time, because we never know when we will be gone.
They say time flows like a river, but they are wrong. I have seen more. Time...... is an ocean.