Well, been busy and having fun for the past 48 hours. So here goes...
I actually woke up at 8am to eat breakfast and study for Math Leacture test! Since I know it would be quite impossible for me to do a proper revision during this weekend, I took the liberty to drag myself out of bed and force myself, in spite of the grogginess, to study Math.
To give myself some entertainment while doing Math keep myself awake, I did my revision in front of the TV, which was showing the Olypics telecast. I managed to catch how Micheal Phelps got his seventh gold(at this time, he would have gotten his eighth), and I think it's damn imba lah! He was lagging at fourth place during the first lap, then the second lap he chiong-ed like mad to beat his rival by 0.01 second. The cameras needed to zoom in real close to see whose fingers touched the finish line first. Micheal Phelps' totally imba! And I hate to be the person who got second place. Haha. xD
I left for OSchool after 12 and arrived late for Daniel's...Oops, scrap that Ryan's Open Class. I really really really really like his teaching style. He's a damn good teacher, and he's damn funny. He made us do warm-ups for 40 minutes out of the 1 hour, and then only he moved on to choreo. His warm-ups are totally killers man, and also totally modern style, meaning that he made us do extreme strecthing. Somehow, he managed to finish teaching his choreo within 20 minutes and everyone can catch up, which is a rare sight. No offence to Daniel, but I think that Ryan's better at teaching. But that's because he has been teaching far much earlier than Daniel.
We left Subway after depriving ppl of whatever few seats left talking for one hour plus. We met Ie-Ching and her friend, Gina, outside of OSchool. Ie-Ching introduced us to Gina, and the sickest part is that Ie-Ching was purposely pronouncing Gina's name as GI-NA (as in VA-GI-NA). Ironically, Gina was wearing a shirt that says "hot as FCUK" (no, really, it's a shirt by French Connection United Kingdom). We then joked around as though we've been friends for ages.
That's the thing that I like about my OSchool dancemates. Gina, Freddie, Ie-Ching, Brian, Nik, Shermaine, and Diana. They are a bunch of fun ppl to talk to and jus have fun. Sometimes, they make me love Saturdays! Like what Diana said, though we only know each other for a few months, and we only see each other on Saturdays, but we could bond with other so fast, and this amazes me.
Anyway, we returned to OSchool for our Hip Hop 3 course! Since Daniel is away, Ann Ann took over him. While waiting outside the white studio for the class to start, I actually managed to finish mugging Math.
That's the thing that I like about my OSchool dancemates. Gina, Freddie, Ie-Ching, Brian, Nik, Shermaine, and Diana. They are a bunch of fun ppl to talk to and jus have fun. Sometimes, they make me love Saturdays! Like what Diana said, though we only know each other for a few months, and we only see each other on Saturdays, but we could bond with other so fast, and this amazes me.
Anyway, we returned to OSchool for our Hip Hop 3 course! Since Daniel is away, Ann Ann took over him. While waiting outside the white studio for the class to start, I actually managed to finish mugging Math.
After that, Wang Yi went to date or whatever. Haha. Joking joking (shit, I'm becoming Jia Yun) I went to have dinner with Nik then went back to boarding school.
I was quite excited today when I woke up. And yes, I mugged Math again. Must be fully prepared mah. Anyway, reached OSchool for the Recital Auditions around 1.30pm. Let me taell you, the amount of ppl there is totally crazy lah! Just for Hip Hop, there were over 150 ppl signed up! Crazy right?
And I feel thankful that I have practised the "C-walk" that I learnt from Teck Kian before. The choreo was two 8-beats, but the two 8-beats was damn fast and full of intricate moves. Try combining hand waves, bounce and "C-walk". The result is the first four counts for the opening of the choreo. And they packed like 50+ ppl to each studio to learn the choreo. There wasn't even much space to dance properly.
Nik sums up the Hip Hop audition choreo nicely.
After jus 15 minutes, we were brought to the orange studio to audition.
Nik sums up the Hip Hop audition choreo nicely.
Although the routine was only two counts of eight, it was enough to distinguish the better dancers from the crowd. The first four counts were for finding the groove, the next four which completed the first eight would determine the L.A. people. The first four the the second eight would determine the lyrical dancers and the last four would be for the hip hop 1. Groove is classified as intermediate or hip hop 2. Simple classification, killer routine.
After jus 15 minutes, we were brought to the orange studio to audition.
They spilt the ppl into groups of 8 according to alphabetical order. Then each group get to audition twice. This is one of those times where I feel thankful that my name starts with W. Because of that, I was one of the last few groups to audition. Which means I have more time to practise. Even with practice, I screwed up at some parts during the audition itself! :0 I really feel like killing myself. Though some of my friends say I did ok, but I dunno whether I can get in to the Recital or not. I hope everyone (by that, I mean me and my dancemates) does.
After that, I went out of OSchool then decided to return there to watch Gina audition for Reggae. In my honest opinion, I think she did quite well for reggae. Afterthat, I left to meet my relatives at VivoCity to have dinner.
Dinner was at this expensive and luxurious restaurant called "Bosses". The food there was superb, I tell you. The whole dinner costs around $400+ bucks. My uncle graciously footed the bill using his credit card. (Thanks Uncle!) Afterthat, I went back to boarding school.
Math Lecture test is tomorrow, so I better get some rest. Audition results will be out on Tuesday. Till then, I'll keep my fingers crossed, for me, and my peeps.