Birthday Dinner @ Diana's
I was supposed to session with Nik, Diana and their gang on Saturday. But due to the urgency of Project Work, I decided to spent my afternoon editing Chapter 1 and 2 of Written Report and also Group Project Proposal. So in the end, I couldn't make it for the session. However, I didn't miss out on all the fun, because Diana invited me to her home for dinner.
I was supposed to session with Nik, Diana and their gang on Saturday. But due to the urgency of Project Work, I decided to spent my afternoon editing Chapter 1 and 2 of Written Report and also Group Project Proposal. So in the end, I couldn't make it for the session. However, I didn't miss out on all the fun, because Diana invited me to her home for dinner.
When I got there (with a cab which costs 15bucks!), I realized that it was a birthday dinner-cum-celebration for one of Diana's friends -- Lydia. Nik, Wei Jie, and Erika was there. Got to know Ivan, Yu Lin and Lydia on the spot. After eating quite a lot, we still had alot of leftovers left, so we plan to stuff down all the food on the "lucky" winners of Zong Ji Mi Ma (The Secret Number) game.
Then we spent the remaining time hanging out and talking, watching videos and stuff. I'll let the pictures do the talking:
Me and more food.
This is Erika getting whacked
after pretending to know how to play the guitar.
This is the rest of the gang. Ivan, Diana, Erika, Lydia, Wei Jie, Nik, Yu Lin and me. You guys can check out more pics at Dina's Blog. I am actually quite amazed by how a hobby of dancing can cause me to know so many ppl. Nik, Diana and Wei Jie are my OSchool peeps, and I only knew them at first. Then slowly, they introduced me to their friends and it keeps growing from there. Hopefully I get to know more ppl!
Oh yeah. And I realized during the dinner that girls are not as innocent as they seem to be. I wonder whether that's good or bad.... Hehe.
Next up...
08S6E Class outing @ Sentosa!
Phew! Today's class outing at Sentosa was quite fun! I actually think that the ppl who were absent was missing out. The last few class outings was quite wack, but today's one was much more fun that the last few class outings.
Our class met up at Habourfront MRT at about 1pm (+ and - 30 minutes). Then we made our way to Sentosa by the express monorail. This is actually my 2nd time going to Sentosa in my entire life. Serious. Mr Shyam also joined us for our class outing today.
We went to Siloso beach and found a spot to put our things. Throughout the day, we played quite a few games such as touch rugby, beach soccer (is there even such a thing?), dodgeball, frisbee and etc. Of course, what's the use of going to Sentosa without hitting the beach right? We actually played "monkey" and frisbee in the water! And some of the guys actually tried to bond me -- a few times! What the shit. ("Bond" means trying to strip someone in this context) Oh yeah, and water wrestling too. This is seriously one of the rare times that all the stress of my life seem to just vanish and I can just have fun.
I will post up the pics once I got hold of them from Jon Quek. This is also one of those rare times that Valerie is not the one that's
We left Sentosa around 6pm. On the monorial back to mainland Singapore, me and Bing Yeow was making fun of Mr Shyam (again). Then Mr Shyam went on to say this:
"Kids Nowadays"
Throughout my entire life, I dunno how times I have heard this phrase. There's a saying that goes "If I get a penny everytime I hear that, I would be a millionare by now." Oh yeah? If I get a piece of crap everytime I hear that, the whole world would be covered by it. You have no idea how many times I heard that throughout the past week.
You see, adults seem to think that kids nowdays are being childish, arrogant, playful, indifferent, disrespectful, *insert your adjective of choice* etc. The point here is that, this is totally a form of stereotyping. Let me give you an example: a teenager like to eat shit from a toilet bowl(err, for reasons that escape me. I'm just making this up), then an adult would go "kids nowsdays like to eat shit". Now tell me, does that sounds right? (No, i'm not referring to the part of eating shit). An adult goes on to stereotype teenagers based on the actions of an individual.
There's also another notion that angers me. Many adults seem to think that teenagers nowadays do not have stress or maybe, do not have brains or something. When adults see children/teenagers playing games, indulging in hobbies, or just slacking, they would go "When I was your time, I never had this luxury. I used to study hard or working or (the list goes on...)" Many adults think teenagers now have lesser stress compared to them during their time. But let me make this clear: teenagers nowadays have different type of stress and different ways of destressing.
In fact, I could say that the stress teenagers face now would be more than what the adults used to face in their teenage years. Last time, teenagers were expected to finish high school; now, teenagers are expected to complete university. Previously, teenagers destress by playing board games/sports; now, teenagers destress by playing computer/console games, or pursuing their passions/hobbies. See my point? So the next time I hear someone saying "kids nowadays", I would advise that person to re-evaluate.
And the last point is that, when adults say "kids nowadays", they have forgotten that they used to be kids and teenagers too. Also, they are their parent's kids. I find it funny that some adults like to dress up and act youthful, and then say things like "kids nowadays" to show how "matured" they are compared to youths. Oh, the irony.
The coming week
Ok, I haven't been practising dance at all for like more than one week. And OSchool Recital Auditions are on this coming Sunday. Shit. I really need to practise in this week. Hip Hop 3 is also starting this Saturday.
There's an Econs test on Friday and also Math Lcture Test on next Monday. I need to prepare for them also. This totally sucks because my studies and passion clashed in a most unexpected way. it couldn't get any worse than this. This week is set to be busy. Which means I would have no time for myself at all.
Oh, and the meeting with MOE on tuesday evening.
I guess I gotta go off and start planning my schedule for this week.
Till then, when someone says "Kid nowadays", tell that person straight in the face that "you are a momma's boy/girl too".