Today is the day to celebrate education; the day to celebrate teaching and learning, and most importantly, the day to celebrate teachers! It's Teacher's Day!
School started with a combined flag raising at the High School terraces. Afterthat, JC students were asked to return to Central Plaza for Mass Dance. Yes, Mass Dance. Ok, I know I say I like dancing, but I didn't say I like doing out-of-dated dances. No offence to the Student's Council (I know you guys are just passing down the tradition), but the songs and dances are like so outdated. I remember someone said this morning that the Mass Dances are created even before the Disco Songs Era (think Friday Night Fever). I wonder why the Council don't want to change or choreograph more modern dances, like Hip-Hop or something. Tradition? Hmm...
While walking back to Central Plaza, I saw Chuan Khim and Jia Han. I immediately asked them whether they want to head to PE studio
Me: "Eh, you guys want to go to PE studio or not? I don't feel like going for mass dance"
Jia Han and Chuan Khim grinned to each other
JH: "You're the xth person to ask us the same question. Anyway, RUA(Room Under Auditorium) is open, so faster zao!"
But before I can head to PE studio or RUA, the mass dance thing started already. So I sat at the class bench and just watch.
After the pointless mass dances, all J1s headed to Auditorium for Teacher's Day Concert. Ok, I got to say that the concert at JC side totally pawns the High School one. I expected the concert to be damn boring, but it was miraculously entertaining. The MAD ppl performed their Tapestry item; Royston Tan and the cast of "12 Lotus" made a guest appearance; Jie Hui's performance; MLDDS Malay Dance item, etc. It was a nice line-up.
I must commend the Malay Dance item. It is Malay Dance's first debut in HC, and it was totally well done. Damn nice and synchro. Congrats to Juinn Lin too, my fellow Malaysian Scholar, for being the only guy in Malay Dance. As for the MAD's item, I think it was much better than the one on Hip Hop Day. I like the choreo. But there's a problem: I shall quote from Regina's, Hip Hop Vice Head, own words:
"I was on stage then wondering why i see so many diff timings"
Haha. Damn funny la.
One of the most entertaining performane is the new teacher's performance. The new teachers, who just came to HC this year, are supposed to perform. And the skit they put up is damn entertaining. Mr Shyam also performed, and he got most of the punchlines like:
"Let's see whether that teachers shaves her armpit"
"Why the first row (teachers) look so ugly"
It was damn funny. Some teachers even wore uniform to act as students and god they looked like their one of the J1s la. Haha. Especially Chris Ho. He's damn funny. Haha.
After the performance was the Scholar's Meeting. Mrs Chin, the Deputy Principal, met us and to remind us that our scholarship depends on Promos. It's the same old brand new talk (wow, i just used an oxymoron. If you dunno what's an oxymoron, then you are a total-moron =P). If it weren't for this, my whole day will be even more happier. The meeting also caused me to unable to wish some teachers "Happy Teacher's Day" at the staff room, since most of them left for Teacher's Day Lunch by the time the meeting eneded.
I also went back to High School to meet some teachers. It feels damn nostalgic to walk through the same old staff room entrance. Very heartwarming to see the teachers all smile as though
Went to eat with Malaysian Scholars afterthat. We ate at SIM, though actually some of us wanted to go out (c'mon its Teacher's Day! What to do with the half day?). But it was too late because we reached SIM already before deciding whether to go out or not. So in the end, I didn't go out at all, though I really really wanted too. Damn, and I heard damn lot of HC people and scandalous couples at Orchad. Sian diao.
So I went back to boarding school and mug instead. (This is where you're supposed to call me mugger) After the meeting today, I am even more determined to mug more. I decided to start from square one and start from basics. Did Math Chaper 1 and 2. Then went to sleep.
When I woke up, it was already 7pm. I ate dinner then chionged to PE studio. I think it's like some kind of ritual la. Every Friday night, me and Tse Young would go to PE studio to dance till like 11pm before going to MacDonalds and buy some supper. When I reached there, Tse Young, Karlton, and Si Quan were already there. So did some BBoy stuff, which I haven't really practised in a long, long time. Then practised Hip Hop.
Lately, I realized my love for Hip Hop has deepened. Now I really really like Lyrical Hip Hop. It's like Hip Hop + Modern Dance. Damn fun. And also I realized I freestyle Hip Hop better than last time (which was seriously damn pathetic. I can't freestyle for nuts). Now, after 8 months into OSchool, my vocabulary of Hip Hop moves expanded, so I can freestyle more. I really enjoy just letting my body move on its own and feel the music. Though my freestyle improved, it's still quite limited. So hopefully I can learn more stuff from OSchool in the coming months.
So that's basically how I spent Teacher's Day. And tomorrow (or rather, today) is Saturday. So got dance lesson and dinner later! Whoo! Damn looking forward to it. And its the start of the one week holiday. Must spent the time mugging like siao. Haha.
Before I go off, I want to thank all my teachers: Mrs Koh, Mr Shyam, Miss Ong Shir Nee, Mr Michael White, Madam Tenggara, Mr Kelvin Tan, and also Miss Ong Hong Ying. I am proud to have these teachers teaching me, because all of them are special in their own way. I may be abit of an annoyance at times, so I want to take this opportunity to apolgize if I made any mistakes. Oh yeah, and Madam Tenggara totally deserved the Most Caring Teacher Award. =) You know, most of the time, we tend to not appreciate how much teachers have sacrificed for us. We should show our graditute to them because they have palyed a very important role in our nurturing. So Happy Teacher's Day to all teachers!
Well, its getting damn late. Till then -- may you celebrate teaching and learning.