Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dance to Inspire, Inspire to Dance

Today's recital practise finally felt like it's taking shape. And yes, to the ppl who asked, this is technically my first "official" recital practice (I "joined" last week). Daniel have finished teaching the main choreo for the first song (err, i'm not really sure whether there will be a second song, but I hope there is. =) ), and he gave everyone their respective roles and formation today. We quickly revised the choreo and then it was rehearsing of the formation all the way.

Personally, I think the item is looking good at where it stands now. I could not give too many details of the whole item, but the intro gives off this very creepy "graveyard" like feeling with minions and everything. Totally cool. If you want to see more, then I guess you'll just have to watch the recital yourself. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

And I feel very happy today because after weeks of practice, it seems that the effort paid off. Everyone has a role to play in the item, and the item is taking shape perfectly. I can sense the teamwork and energy in the whole thing. And made a bunch of friends too. This is totally what dancing should be like.

I have this video to share with you guys out there. Dancers or non-dancers, it doesn't matter, because to quote from Eddie Uehara himself, "dancing is the hidden language of the soul". Anobody can dance, it's just a matter of effort. I watched this beautiful video on youtube. You guys MUST take a look at it. I can assure you you'll find it meaningful. It's the most beautiful video I have ever watched.

"Dance to inspire, Inspire to dance" by Eddie Uehara

(Note to Diana: this is the updated version of the video in your iPod)

I shall end off by showing the quotes from video itself.

Dance Quotes (from the video):

How can you say you've taken the trouble to live when you won't even try to dance?

Dance.....is music made visible

Dance is the world's most famous metaphor

Dance is silent poetry

Dance is the mother of all arts

Dance is the hidden language of the soul

Dancers are athletes of God

Nothing is more revealing than dancing

Dancing is dreaming with your feet

Dance to express, not to impress

Dance first, think later. It's the natural order

Dance like nobody's watching

Let the music move your body

All it takes is to convince your mind to move your body

No one can arrive from being talented alone. Work trangresses talent.

To touch, to move, to inspire. That's the true gift of dance

Inspired? I know I did from watching the video. The video is just.........an amazing grace. It doesn't matter whether you're a beginner or a professional; a ballerina, a moderner, a hip-hopper, a bboy, a popper, a locker; as long as you take the effort to move your body to the music, even just a little, then you're a dancer. And I'm proud to be one.