Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scream'08!

Yesterday night was definitely one of the funnest nights I have in Hwa Chong! To think I would have almost miss it!

Hanging Out @ Marina Square
Anyway, yesterday I had a PW meeting with my groupmates to do the Oral Presntation slides. Left around 2pm to meet up with Tse Young at Marina Square (it turns out we were on the same bus anyway). Although technically I do go out often, but usually I go out either to dance or to do PW. Haven't really went out and hang out with my buddies for quite long, that's why I'm glad to be hanging out with Tse Young.

We used to go out and catch movies (along with the other Malaysian Scholars), buy stuff, play Magic: the Gathering (yes, we both played, and we still do) or just hang out. Anyway, we went to Marina Square to walk around and buy stuff.

We were searching for earphones (since he lost his and mine went haywire). I'm quite satisfied with my new Sony In-Ear Earphones. It's my first in-ear earphones and I like how it cancels out all the surrounding noises. Just you and the music. And you can hear the bass and beats clearly, perfect for any dancer. Afterthat, we had KFC before heading back to school.

Scream'08!
Actually, I didn't want to go back to school. I was having quite a bad flu so I just wanted to get back to the boarding school and hit the sacks. But when the bus reached the JC bus stop, I have this feeling that I should go down with Tse Young. Ironically, both of us didn't want to go for Scream, at first. We head to the PE studio to test out the new cable that TY bought (the old one in the studio was faulty). Initially, only Wilson and Tack Kian was there, but more and more of the Bboys came to the studio.

Then Si Quan suggested that we go and watch the movies that were being shown at the central plaza. So everyone, save for TY, head to the central plaza to watch "The Eye". Scream'08 is definitely a couple's event. Since none of us have a girlfriend, we just sat in a row and huddled together.

It was quite funny to watch ppl's reaction to the movie, especially girls. If one girl screams, it will trigger a chain reaction where all the girls will scream. It was damn funny. Some of the ppl fake a scream just to make all the girls scream. And I'm quite surprised to see some of the Bboys scared out of their wits. Heh. xD

Since none of us have tickets for the Haunted Trail, we decided to go for the Haunted Maze instead. Let me tell you that many of the dancers' reputation went down the drain after we went for the maze. The pairings were as follows:

Hui Hua - Jon Neo
Shen Hong - Jia Han
Me - Wilson
Tse Young - Tack Kian
Si Quan - Pao Pao

There were many anecdotes about the whole experience. The scariest part about the maze must be the first "obstacle". When you walk into the maze, the first thing you see is this girl in white robe with long hair along the staricase, in other words, the traditional female ghost in Ju-On (which is acted by Sherry this time). The door behind you is closed and the only way to go is forward. It's the shittiest feeling in the world because you know that the "ghost" is a person but you can't help feeling worried. To make things worse, you can only go forward. Like Wilson said, it was totally "mind-fuck".

"Mind-fuck: The process whereby something (an event or a happening) that attempts to screw up your brain and fuck your brains out"

My partner was Wilson, and he was totally terrified by the scares and he was trembling. I will admit that I was quite scared too, but I could do nothing else but go forward. After I got out of the maze, the bunch of bboys ran past Wilson and came to hug me. I was going "Huh?", then Jia Han read out an SMS from John Quek, which says "J2 Wilson hugging Wilfred along the maze" (something like that, can't really remember). I went "WTF". He must have gotten a good laugh.

But the funniest must have been Pao Pao and Si Quan. Let me remind you that Si Quan and Pao Pao are quite afraid of scary stuff. Pao Pao was hugging onto Si Quan along the whole way too. It was damn funny.

After scary the living daylights out of ourselves, we went back to the central plaza to watch "The Shutter". I think the Shutter is possibly the scariest movie I have ever watched. Some of the bboys totally turned their backs during the scary parts. Hui Hua was going: "I tell you ah, don't touch me ah!" I was laughing like shit from that one.

Overall, I think the 35th Students Council have done a great job for Scream'08! Attendance wise, it wasn't that succesful; quality-wise, it was well-done. Props to the 35th! The make-up, the costumes, the setting; everything was great. They even off-ed the central plaza lights so the whole school seems spooky.

I really had lots of fun last night. I think the ppl you hang out with really matters alot in influencing the "fun-ness" that you would have. I'm glad that the dancers were there. They are always a fun and crazy bunch to hang out with.

I think that'sall for tonight. Today's recital practice was quite pathetic, since very few ppl came (and Daniel went overseas). Don't wanna talk about it.

So till then -- may you scream and be "mind-fucked".