Sunday, October 5, 2008

Future Sight

It's been a really long time since I last blogged. With Promos in the last 2 weeks, there wasn't much time to do anything else for that matter. Since I haven't blogged for so long, I have tons and tons of stuff to blog about, especially about the future. But before I get to that, let me fill you guys up with an update of the happenings within the past 2 weeks. This is going to be a really, really, really long post.

Without further ado-

Time's Up: Promos
Promos was easily the most excrutiating exam I have ever took. GP(General paper) was the first paper and I managed to finish the essay, but I didn't finish the last comprehension question, which is a mini-essay. Econs was on the next day, and I didn't finish writing the essays, again. Chemistry was next, and threw away about 9 marks because -- yes, you've guessed it-- I didn't finish again.

Math was possibly the worst case of marks-losing. I have done quite a few past year Promo papers and frankly speaking, those were easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy. But I got a shock of my lfe after looking at this year's paper -- It made the past year papers look like primary school math. I left about 25 marks blank, partly because I dunno how to do, and some of it is I didn't have time to finish. Damn it.

It seems like I always couldn't do the papers fast enough. Everytime the examiner announce "Time's up! Stop writing!", I haven't finish the papers. So during the next year's block test, I will finish all of my papers.

Geog was the last paper to be taken. This was the first time I was prepared for a Geog exam, actually. Keeping in mind that I must finish writing, I chiong-ed like crazy during the exam. Geog was unexpectedly easier than I thought. I was expecting some killer questions, but there were none. When the time was up, I was practically grinning away. I turned back and looked at Melissa. And she was grinning too. When I walked out of the classroom, I felt like a gigantic boulder was lifted of my chest. Naturally, I ran to the PE studio.

Sadly, I calculated that none of my subjects can get an overall A, due tot he screwing up of the Block tests. Hopefully I could get an average of C so that I can keep my scholarship. But what's done is done, so I can only hope for the best.

The Time Is Now: Post-Promos
The end of Promos means that I can do whatever I want now. I am replaying FF7: Crisis Core on my PSP now; I have read Eoin Colfer's latest Artemis Fowl book, and I am reading Isaac Asimov's Caves of Steel; I can sleep 8 hours a day (finally); I am eagerly following season 3 of Heroes; last but not least, that means I can dance as often as I want!

Finally I can focus on my passion. I have lots to train up, especially on my bboying. But I also look forward to practise hip-hop stuff.

The end of Promos signalled te start of a very laxing timetable for the following weeks of school. Tomorrow is FOS (Festival of Sports), since I didn't partipate in any event, that means I am slacking (or dancing. hmm...) for the whole day. The following 2 days are sabbaticals, which is street jazz for me, which = to more dance! Whoo! Can't wait! Then Open House on Friday.

The next day, 11th October, would be my birthday! Time sure flies. I am about to be 17. And 17 sounds old. -.- Can't wait to celebrate it with my friends and dancemates!

Dance the Time Away
Daniel's An An's Open Class

Daniel's Open Class was replaced by An An on Saturday, because Daniel pulled his left thigh muscle. That gotta hurt. When I reached OSchool, I was surprised to see MAD ppl there. 6 MAD ppl -- Regina, Jia Hong, Chiew Lin, Shi Qi, Samuel, and Chit Yin -- came for Daniel's Open Class. Quite remarkable, actually. It's the first time since I saw so many MAD ppl at OSchool.

Anyway, back to the Open Class. An An took over and I'm starting to appreciate her groove. I finally start to take a liking for it. And I like her choreo alot! Maybe I would go for her Open Classes some day.....

And then it was --

Hip Hop 3 Course
It was the last day of the course. Daniel, despite his injury, continued to teach us. He made us revise the routine and then split us into 2 groups to film us down. It was a very funny experience because alot of funny things happened.

My group, Group 1, was the first to be filmed, then it was Group 2's turn to be filmed. during the filming of Group 2, the girl who was standing in front forgot her steps halfway, so she stood there for a while, before going down to the floor and crawl away. It was hillarious, really. Because she acted as though she was invisible. Daniel was laughing like mad.

So they reshoot the routine. This time, Huixian's head hit someone's leg when she laid back, and she let out a loud "Ouch!". It was obviously caught on tape, so they need to reshoot it. Again, Daniel was laughing like mad again.

Then they reshoot it again. This time, Diana was too near to the wall, so she could not lay back. Apparently, 3rd time is not as charming as it was hoped to be.

Then Daniel selected 4 ppl to film. It was not until after the filming then Daniel turned to the back and yelled:"Oh, I forgot about you!", with a finger pointing at me. At first, I thought he was referring to someone else, so I looked to my sides. When I turned my head in front, everyone's eyes were on me. -.-'''

Then we took a group photo. I will post it up, along with the videos, as soon as I got it.

OSchool Recital
The practice today was joined by 3 new ppl: Farah, Kelvin, and another girl. All of whom were in the Hip Hop 3 course. Apparently, Daniel asked them to join the recital. They really deserved to be in the recital because they are really good, IMO. They pick up the steps very quickly.

And Daniel did a very nice intro today. I really like the waving parts.

But the real reason I am blogging about the recital is this:

I FINALLY GOT INTO THE RECITAL! WHOO!

It was another funny story actually. For those ppl who didn't know, Daniel allowed me to join the practise, but he didn't say whether I can join the Recital. I have been meaning to ask him for a few weeks. But everytime, I could not muster the courage to ask him. But quite alot of ppl encouraged me to ask him, like Rina, Nik, Hui Wen, and a few more. After much persuasion, I gave in, and I pluck up my courage to ask him -- sort of.

Me and Nik walked followed Daniel into the elevator. Then the following happened:

Daniel: (he looked at the both of us) You guys got something to ask ah.
Me: (turn to Nik) See, he knows. (then I banged my head on to the wall) Daniel, err...... (then I started looking down to the floor)
Nik: He has been wanting to ask you for a really long time.
Me: (take a look at Daniel then down to the floor) I know it would be quite unfair and selfish of me, but I want to know err.......
Daniel: You want to join the Hip Hop Recital ah? (then he gave me a suspicious look, and this is when Nik was looking the other way to preent himself from bursting out laughing. Talking bout support.)
Me: Yeah. Can I?
Daniel: (after a moment) Yeah, sure. But you must cherish this chance ah. If you back out halfway then I come and whack you.
Me: (nodding my head furiously)
Nik: (laughing like hell)

That's basically how I got into the Recital. My heart was bursting with joy when he said yes. When he left, I was jumping for joy, while Nik was laughing like mad. So if you happened to be in town today, you might see 2 retards on the pavement, one jumping like crazy; and the other one laughing like mad.

But this actually showed that Daniel knew all along that I wanted to join the Recital. Like Nik said, maybe he wanted me to ask him. When he said "I forgot about you" during the course, I guess he was hinting to me. But I am glad I asked him today. It added to my "post-exam mood". And Nik was trying to make me sound like I'm confessing my love for Daniel, that's why he couldn't contain himself.

Anyway, I'm damn happy that I get to perform in the Recital along with my other dancemates. The Oschool Recital will not be like the Change concert I took part during May. It will not be a concert where singing is the main performance and dancers are just calefares. The OSchool Recital will be a full-fledged dance concert with dance and nothing else. For the first time, I am taking the centrestage, along with my other dancemates. It will be a truly unforgettable experience. I can't wait for it. Even now, a few hours after I have asked Daniel, I can't stop smiling to myself. I wonder whether all this is just a dream. As I'm typing this, I am still smiling from the joy.

The Times Ahead
As I've said, the next few days are looking to be eventful. They say the night is darkest before the dawn. If it's true, then the dawn must have already arrived. As much as I hope the dawn to be ever-lasting, I don't think it will be. The time ahead is set to be full of challenges. I have PW Written Report, I&R, and Oral Presentation to prepare for. And I have decided to take the SAT test in December, right before the OSchool Recital.

I have thought alot about my future education lately, with Juinn Lin talking about the universities choices and all, and I have decided that I want to go overseas to study. Hopefully. And if I am going to the US, which will be my first choice, I am going to need to take the SAT test. Since I have alot of free time during November to prepare for the test, I might as well take it in December.

I still have alot of things to blog about, but I think I shall stop here for now. Like I said, it's a really, really, really long post. Well, till then -- may you see your future.