The "holiday mood" that I had after Promos is finally starting to lift. I am quite sian diao by the things I need to do for Project Work. I just completed my I&R, and my group is supposed to finish editing the Written Report (which constitutes a whopping 40% out of the total score) so that we can meet up with Mr Shyam to discuss improvements this Saturday. Which means I possibly would not be able to go to OSchool this coming Saturday. Bummer.
After the WR, we still need to start preparing for Oral Presentation (which also constitutes another 40%). Seems like there's alot of work to be done. Oh yeah, did I mention that this is a graded A-Level Exam?
And I need to clear my demerit points. I still have 12 more points to clear, most of which are due to late coming. 4 points will be cleared once I attend tomorrow's CS session, but I still have to find ways to clear the remaining 8 points if I want to see a nice conduct grade on my report card. All this came when JC1 students are overrun with PW stuff. There's no better time, man.
And I also went to RELC to register for SAT test. For those who do not know, SAT tests your Mathematics, Critical Thinking (English Comprehension in other words), and Essay Writing. It costs an exorbitant amount of money to sit for. The SAT score is needed for application to US universities, and can be included for application to other universities too.
My test date is set to be December 6th, 2 days before the OSchool Recital. I figured that since I have nothing to do during the holidays other than attending recital practices, I might as well sit for the test now when I have the time to prepare for it. Although it might be a little early, but I sure don't intend to put myself in the position where I am studying for both A levels and SAT at the same time.
It's kinda funny actually. I haven't even got back my Promo results and here I am, thinking about universities already. My scholarship depends on the Promo results, which will be given back throughout these 2 weeks. I heard from Mrs Koh that about 30% of the cohort got A/B for Maths, and about as many got S/U. That's quite scary. I sure hope I'm in the former group, or at least, in between. Hey, but it doesn't hurt to look ahead and plan for the future. I really hope I could get to an US or an UK university. Preferably US, especially LA or New York, where the dance scene is vibrant.
The holiday spell is finally lifting. Got to prepare for the last leg of the year. Here we go.....again.
-