I really like the formation now. Apparently, acting as a corpse for a few weeks really pays off, so now I have at least some limelight. Heh. :P
Anyway, Daniel was damn funny throughout the whole day. He was one of the resident instructors for Singapore Poly's SDZ, whom just had their concert on Saturday night (the other instructor being Ryan.
----------------
Daniel: Eh, I heard you guys had a great concert last night.
Anne/Valerie: *pauses to think* Eh, stop praising yourself lah!
----------------
Also, as Nik puts it, there have been a reversal of roles. After practice, Rina approached Daniel and told him that she doesn't want to be lifted because she injured her back last week. And this in turn led the following event to happen--
----------------------
Rina: Sorry ah, Daniel.
Daniel: It's ok, I'll find another guinea pigperson to replace your role. *looks around* I have just the person.
Daniel: *walks over* Wilfred, I want you to be lifted *gave evil grin*
Me: *jaw dropped* Do I have a choice?
----------------------
So after the practice was over, some of the ppl involved in the acting and lifting were asked to stay behind to practice in the small studio. Apparently, the lifting also involves dropping (that means after being lifted, the lifters will let go and I will be dropped), which is unfortunate. Unfortunate for me, that is.
----------------------
Daniel: Okay, you guys lift him then let him drop.
Me: *shut my eyes tightly*
Daniel: Take it easy. He's still a virgin. Doing it for the very first time. *proceed to give his evil laugh*
Lifters: *joins in the evil laugh* Haha
Me: What the......
---------------------
I was under the impression Daniel was a caring and sweet person, and I also under the impression that Nik was secretly grinning and laughing throughout the whole lifting practice. -.-'''
Hey, at least I get to keep my formations.
Due to the addition of storyline, there was supposed to be a gunshot sound (okay, I'll try not to give too much away). So after the lifting practice, some ppl needed to rehearse the acting parts as well. The rehearsal was damn funny to watch, with Daniel making jokes and all. This also happened--
---------------------
Daniel: ...........So you just count 4 counts then there's this gunshot sound. Time the shooting correctly.
Kelvin: Ok.
Daniel: *plays music*
Kelvin: 1,2,3,4.... *shooting movement* Eh, why no sound?
Speaker: *after a few seconds* BANG!
--------------------
We were all laughing like hell from that one. I still smile to myself whenever I thought of that scene (Hey, but I'm not crazy).
Anyway, after the extra practice was over, some of us stayed back to chit chat with Daniel. I think I finally sense some progress in unity. It's like, finally, the ppl in the recital are starting to click and bond with each other. It was a heartwarming experience. And Daniel found out the reason why we were so NOT united for the past few weeks. I'm keeping mum about it, because I forgive her, and the ppl who should know, do know. I really hope that yesterday's progress is the start of a strong and united recital group.
Since vetting is on this Sunday, there will be an extra practice session. Probably this Thursday night. I'm looking forward to it~~ But on second thoughts, that would mean I cannot go for Ryan's Lyrical class!!! NOOOOOOOO!!! Sigh.
Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed a sort of behind-the-scenes look on the recital. Tickets should be out pretty soon. I promise you that it's going to be THE dance concert to watch!