Limited seats available
I heard that last year's recital tickets were sold out fast, so quickly get your tickets if you want to watch. Or you can tell me so I'll book a ticket for you. Tickets will be out next week. Trust me, this is THE annual dance concert that you won't want to miss. Just take a look at last year's recital on Youtube to see the standard.
----------------
Today's vetting was damn exciting. All the items, save for the instructor's item, were supposed to perform in front of the whole recital people. Quite a nervous experience if you ask me. For your information, vetting is like a dry run to get a feel of what each item is about so that the organizers can arrange the performing sequence.
Looking at the items, I think the dopest gotta be the popping item! Ben's choreo and formation is nothing short of amazing! And they were quite synchronized. Their item was totally unpredictable. I won't say much, lest I spoil the surprise, but the ending where they were vibrating like mad was totally crazy! The whole studio was trembling, siao!
And some people are involved in a few items, like Joey. She's involved in LA/Lyrical Hip Hop (it's a combined item) and Popping. Envy, envy. She's quite good, I think. Respect.
As for Daniel's item, the item I'm involved in, let's just say our whole group didn't exhibit our full potential. It seems that Daniel's absence for the past 2 weeks has wrought some damage to our item, since the formation is not done and ppl are skipping training. And there's this person who irritates the hell out of me and the others by acting as though she's the best dancer in the world, when she's not. Uniting in hate. Oh, the irony.
Daniel's return today brought about a wave relief over us and hopefully we will be a bonded group. I think our 2nd run today was much better than the 1st. I'm looking forward to the next training.
Oh yeah, Ryan (the principal of OSchool) announced that they will be printing 200 limited edition T-shirts for the recital ppl. Whoo! I really hope that the "white T-shirt with the word recital on it" was just Ryan's joke. Heh.
-------------
And for the 2nd part of the title, I want to talk about the US presidential elections. With less than 36 hours to go, the race is tightening, with Obama leading with just 5 points (last night's statistics). I really hope Obama will win.
McPalin's (John McCain and Sarah Palin) campaign tactics just disgusts me. According to the holes on their face (where they really should be on their asses), they urge "real Americans" to support them as Obama is just a "terrorist in disguise", so that they can foster a America without prejudice. This is probably the biggest paradox history have ever seen. And I seriously detests how McPalin are turning racist. Fuck them.
I recently read up on news regarding the US presidential election and I've found some very interesting stuff. In a Newsweek article, John McCain was described to be "passionate, intuitive and spur-of-the-moment person" while Obama is "calm, soothing and careful". Though McCain is said to have more experience when dealing with international affairs, but it seems to me that Obama is more popular with leaders of the other nations, evident from his tour around the world a few months back.
One will not doubt that with an ongoing financial crisis in America, a useless war waging in Iraq (brought about by another no-brain asshole, nonetheless), global climate change, rising of China and other Asian countries, depreciating dollars, and much more, this is definitely going to be one of the toughest times America is facing since the World Wars I and II. And these are the matters that the next president is going to deal with urgently. There seems to be little room for mistakes, even as the next president is going through the transition period.
You there, voting for McPalin there, aren't you? You may want to vet your vote so as to not vote for the ex-air force general and the vet (pun intended). In an interview, the reporter asked Sarah Palin to rank the important matters in terms of urgency and need, but Sarah just answered a simple "I don't know". How the hell does she want to run a country if she doesn't even consider and rank the problems America is facing? I think it's better to not pair an idiot with another idiot in the White House.
America, all I ask of you is to vet your vote.
P.S Go to http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/gov-palin-cold-open/773761
to watch the real Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live. It's super funny.
----------------
Today's vetting was damn exciting. All the items, save for the instructor's item, were supposed to perform in front of the whole recital people. Quite a nervous experience if you ask me. For your information, vetting is like a dry run to get a feel of what each item is about so that the organizers can arrange the performing sequence.
Looking at the items, I think the dopest gotta be the popping item! Ben's choreo and formation is nothing short of amazing! And they were quite synchronized. Their item was totally unpredictable. I won't say much, lest I spoil the surprise, but the ending where they were vibrating like mad was totally crazy! The whole studio was trembling, siao!
And some people are involved in a few items, like Joey. She's involved in LA/Lyrical Hip Hop (it's a combined item) and Popping. Envy, envy. She's quite good, I think. Respect.
As for Daniel's item, the item I'm involved in, let's just say our whole group didn't exhibit our full potential. It seems that Daniel's absence for the past 2 weeks has wrought some damage to our item, since the formation is not done and ppl are skipping training. And there's this person who irritates the hell out of me and the others by acting as though she's the best dancer in the world, when she's not. Uniting in hate. Oh, the irony.
Daniel's return today brought about a wave relief over us and hopefully we will be a bonded group. I think our 2nd run today was much better than the 1st. I'm looking forward to the next training.
Oh yeah, Ryan (the principal of OSchool) announced that they will be printing 200 limited edition T-shirts for the recital ppl. Whoo! I really hope that the "white T-shirt with the word recital on it" was just Ryan's joke. Heh.
-------------
And for the 2nd part of the title, I want to talk about the US presidential elections. With less than 36 hours to go, the race is tightening, with Obama leading with just 5 points (last night's statistics). I really hope Obama will win.
McPalin's (John McCain and Sarah Palin) campaign tactics just disgusts me. According to the holes on their face (where they really should be on their asses), they urge "real Americans" to support them as Obama is just a "terrorist in disguise", so that they can foster a America without prejudice. This is probably the biggest paradox history have ever seen. And I seriously detests how McPalin are turning racist. Fuck them.
I recently read up on news regarding the US presidential election and I've found some very interesting stuff. In a Newsweek article, John McCain was described to be "passionate, intuitive and spur-of-the-moment person" while Obama is "calm, soothing and careful". Though McCain is said to have more experience when dealing with international affairs, but it seems to me that Obama is more popular with leaders of the other nations, evident from his tour around the world a few months back.
One will not doubt that with an ongoing financial crisis in America, a useless war waging in Iraq (brought about by another no-brain asshole, nonetheless), global climate change, rising of China and other Asian countries, depreciating dollars, and much more, this is definitely going to be one of the toughest times America is facing since the World Wars I and II. And these are the matters that the next president is going to deal with urgently. There seems to be little room for mistakes, even as the next president is going through the transition period.
You there, voting for McPalin there, aren't you? You may want to vet your vote so as to not vote for the ex-air force general and the vet (pun intended). In an interview, the reporter asked Sarah Palin to rank the important matters in terms of urgency and need, but Sarah just answered a simple "I don't know". How the hell does she want to run a country if she doesn't even consider and rank the problems America is facing? I think it's better to not pair an idiot with another idiot in the White House.
America, all I ask of you is to vet your vote.
P.S Go to http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/gov-palin-cold-open/773761
to watch the real Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live. It's super funny.
