It's been so long since I've had this much fun on a Saturday.
Since the end of Hip Hop 3 course, my dance clique haven't met together on Saturdays. Plus, I've stopped going for Saturday's open classes too, since I've decided to pursue lyrical hip hop by attending Ryan's open class on Thursdays. So imagine my delight when I saw Ie-Ching and Brian again today (though it's not that I don't miss Nik, just that I've seen him very often).
So, Nik, Ie-Ching and me went for Daniel's hip hop I open class, like we used too. Quite nostalgic. Heh. xD But unfortunately, Brian could not join us because he injured his back recently, so he could only watched on as we danced. I feel quite bad for him, actually. (If you're reading this, Brian, I hope you'll get well soon!)
Daniel's choreo was quite fun today. We learnt the harlem shake, monastery (though we have already learnt this before), and C-walk! Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake! And I like the C-walk variations that he taught, like the side step and the Charlie Charleston. On the whole, his choreo today wasn't hard to catch, but it was energy-draining as usual, with all the large movements and everything. I'll post the vid once he (does) uploads it.
Actually, me and Ie-Ching wanted to go for Ann Tan's open class straightaway after Daniel's, but Brian and Nik didn't want to, so I guess maybe next time. It's been very long since I went for her lessons, and she was the one who first introduced me to lyrical hip hop. Ie-Ching told me an unfortunate news about Ann. I wish I could post it here, but I feel that I should respect her privacy. But the bottom line is, I am really, really, really, really, going to miss Ann Tan's lessons even more. I think I must go for at least a few more of her lessons before I go back to Malaysia, because I am never be able to see her again after that. T.T
Anyway, after the lesson, the 4 of us went to Studio Wu at SMU to check out the place (though actually I've been there before). And guess who I saw? I saw Sheila again! It was a pleasant surprise! Haven't seen her since the Street Jazz sabbaticals. She's a really dope and caring instructor, something like Ann Tan. Haha.
We checked the courses and stuff like that. But looking at the price, I was tempted to ask them: "Do you guys have financial aid?". Their courses costs twice as much as the course in OSchool but I heard the quality is better. I sometimes think that their act of capitalism might have hindered the people who really wants to learn dance. Like me.
After that, the four of us went to Bugis and eat, eat, and eat! It's like we walked and talked, then we eat and talk. Then the cycle repeats itself. We bought bubble tea, then went to eat at Noodle House. Then we walked around and ate desserts at Ministry of Food. Ministry of Food is DAMN NICE! But the price is DAMN EX also! Haiz. It seems that everything good is expensive.
But the most important things were the things that were said. We took the time to catch up on each other's lives. Something interesting was brought up. Ie-Ching asked whether we would want to join competitions next year, like Danceworks! Frankly speaking, I have thought of it, but I wonder whether we have enough expereince to hold our own feet. But I don't mind participating, but it's up to the rest of the clique. And I think it's going to set up some very awkward situations, because MAD is going to particpate too. Hmm...
Today just made me realized how much I love my dancemates. It's so unusual because we don't see each other often, but we do care for each other alot like how Ie-Ching always helped me out. I hope I can spend more time with them before I'm going back to Malaysia.
It seems that I have alot of stuff to do before going back to Malaysia, what's with taking SAT, recital training, hanging out with friends and dance pracs. As always, time is never enough.
-