Tuesday, November 4, 2008

End Of The Journey

Today was officially the end of PW. The oral presentation went quite well for our group, at least in my-oh-so-humble-opinion. Okay, I'm just crapping. But I really think my group gave our best for the presentation, under stressed conditions. I think I will miss PW. No, really. Though it was really hard work, sometimes waking up really early (10 am is early for me) to meet up with the group members, and staying till last evening (around 7pm); but I still love my PW group.

At the start of the year, it's hard to imagine that one of my favorite movies would become the topic for PW. The "Journey of the Freedom Writers". Now, the WR is out, the fieldwork is done, and the OP is over.

I think our group's combination was perfect: William, Valerie, Jun Kang, and me. Me and William will just be making jokes (sometimes quite sick jokes), and Valerie and Jun Kang will just be uh.............. together. Haha. And all of us are perfectionists in one aspect or another, and I think taht's what makes our group tick. There was a running joke between us that each of us has a "pet peeve": for me, each word in the headings and sub-headings must be in caps; while for Valerie, there must be a space between each paragraph; things like that. It was quite funny, actually. Sometimes, when we were going through our Written Report, one of us would just say "Wait" and grab the mouse and start correcting the "pet peeves". Heh.

I know some groups don't enjoy the same experience. I know I'm fortunate, and I'm grateful for it. The meetings; the jokes; the scandal (yes, there's a scandal in my group. Not hard to figure out); going to give tuition to kids; conducting out trial with the youths. Sweet and bitter memories, I shall hold them dearly. I guess Ie-Ching was right in saying that PW is fun.

The end of Oral Presentation also marks the end of the JC1 school year. You know, last week I said that even though it's the end of JC1 year, but it doesn't feel like it? I guess the message finally sunk in to our minds. No more lessons and there's no need to come to school. I guess that's why I suddenly feel like it's end of the year.

Somehow, I feel reluctant to move on to JC2. Save for a few annoyance (you know, I don't understand why that ppl could not just back off with his insults, maybe he thinks he's superior or smth), I really like my class the way it is now. It may not be the most bonded class, but it's already quite bonded if you just take a look around the school. But I like to just drift around and mix with various cliques and ppl, and basically just have fun.

If I have to choose a year to relive, I will definitely choose this year. There were so many things going on this year that I felt as though I have lived for a few years. And it totally beats 4 years of high school life. Now I know why they say JC1 is a honeymoon year. Next year, things are going to be even more hectic and it already is, and I'm not really looking forward to it.

I was kind of looking forward to the class outing tomorrow, but unfortunately, the organizer, who's already very lame, became even lamer (literally) when she sprained her ankle. And I guess it's one of the reasons why the class outing was postponed. Anwyay, it's been a while since I last went to East Coast, so I really wanted to go. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next one.

And the rest of the week seems kind of packed. Have a Singapore Poly's dance concert to attend, Recital training, Ryan's Lyrical Class (which Hui Hua decided to go again), self dance-prac, and Fac Event.

And today is the voting day for America! By this time tomorrow, the new president shall be announced and it will determine the fate of America, and possibly the world. Vote for Obama! (if you can, haha)

So, I guess the my JC1 journey ends here. It's not perfect, but it's enjoyable, at least. Now marks the start of an even longer road -- the JC 2. Let's see how it turns out.