Holidays have been a peaceful affair, to say the least. It's a break from the ever-fast-paced school life, and finally it feels as though there's time to stop racing, sit down, and take a breather. Other than doing holiday assignments, preparing for SATs, and dancing, there's nothing much to update on. Hence the lack of updates.
Apparently, Daniel didn't mention an extra practice in the end, so that means I could go for Ryan's Lyrical Hip Hop class after all. This time, I was joined by Hui Hua and Pao Pao. I got to say that Pao Pao did quite well for a first-timer. This time, Ryan used the same song he used 2 weeks ago, but he changed some steps and added on more steps. Some parts were quite hard to catch though. Take a look at the video. Thank goodness I did not ridicule myself again on the video. xD
By the way, Ryan asked Darren, Zaihar, and Fredy to join him in a four-man-filming, but halfway through, Ryan forgot his steps. The he filmed again. And he forgot AGAIN. Another filming. He screwed up AGAIN. On the fourth filming, he also forgotten the steps AGAIN, then he just gave up and did Jazz techniques. (You can spot it from the opening scene if you look closely enough). That's Ryan for you. Haha.
------------------------------------------------------------
Finally found the time and company to watch High School Musical 3 last night. Almost everyone I know have watched it, and being a fanboy of sorts myself (yes, I've watched HSM1&2 a few times), I know I must watch it. Before watching it, I've had some very mixed reviews of the movie, ranging from "terrible-on-screen-hanky-panky-yucky-dewey" (usually guys gave this comment) to "just ok lah" to "Wonderful! I've watched it 3 times already!" (not surprisingly, those who told me that are usually girls). So I was very confused in terms of what to expect of the movie.
Yesterday, Vincent and Bing Sheng (2 of my seniors) accompanied me to watch the movie. In my opinion, I would give it about 3-3.5 stars out of 5. It's not exactly a flop (though there are a few random scenes from the movie), but it's not as great as High School Musical 1.
I liked the elaborate sets and fanciful costumes, and (not surprisingly) the dance steps. I like the number "A Night To Remember" particularly because I like the dance steps. I saw how they incorporated hip hop into waltz, which is quite original. Being trained in drama for 4 years (I was in English Drama in High School. Surprising, eh?), I came to appreciate the costumes and sets. So it wasn't any wonder that I enjoyed the show.
Although the storyline can get kinda cheesy at times, but I like the emotions displayed in the movie. Some guys might find it too gay/feminine, but I don't really mind these, as long as its not TOO feminine. (Ok, I realized you guys might not understand what it means. Nvm.) That's the reason I don't shy away from lyrical hip hop, like some guys do.
The other reason I find HSM3 to be okay because it coincidentally raises some issues that I've been thinking for quite some time.
What is my future going to be?
Which university?
Overseas or local?
What to study?
Am I moving too fast?
Perhaps too slow?
These questions have been on my mind ever since the end of JC1. Just one more year of JC life before everyone moves on to their separate paths (some ppl have already done so, like Yew Wei who is going to migrate over to Australia in less than 10 days). It made me realized that there's not much time left I can spend with my friends, so I must try my best to make the most out of it. I don't want to look back my JC life with tinges of regret, filled with what-ifs and what-could-be-done-differently.
The whole context of a possible future also brings up a few more questions--
Next year, will/should I join MAD?
Should I sign up for popping or focus more on hip hop?
Will my class be a united one over next year?
If I go overseas, how will my family, freinds and dancemates react? How much will I miss them?
After the J2s leave, especially the Malaysian Scholars and the dancing gang @ PE studio, what is school life going to be like?
Life is full of questions, apparently more so than the answers it offers. One could only foresee so much, yet there is much more to be foretold. The beauty of life.
I am ending off by dedicating the following song to my J2 seniors:
"Can I Have This Dance"
Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next
(chorus)
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance