Today was both a good and bad day for me. (By today, I mean Saturday)
After spending the whole afternoon watching the lastest season of Desperate Housewives, I decided to take a short nap before eating dinner and head for recital practice. Ideally, that was what was supposed to happen. Ideally.
What really did happen was this--
I received an sms from Nik around 7pm. "Fuck, 7pm is when the practice starts!" was my first thought. I quickly changed my clothes and stormed out of the boarding school. This was when my first stroke of bad luck came: when I was on the overhead bridge, I saw 171 passed by the bus stop. 171 is the only direct bus to OSchool from my place. Crap. All that running was for nothing.
I had to wait for a bloody 20 minutes before another 171 came. When I was waiting for the bloody bus, I took out my PSP -- only to find it out of battery. I forgot to charge it! So no music for me! Have you ever heard the phrase "Without music, life's a mistake"?
When the 171 pulled in, I already noticed that the bus was going rather slow, but I didn't really care because I was already late by half an hour. My suspicion was confirmed when the bus started moving again -- the bus goes from 0km/h to 10km/h in like 10 seconds! I immediately regretted boarding the bus at all.
To make things worse, there was a bloody jam leading into Orchad Road. It made me envy how fast snails can go, really. Not to mention, there are 2 bimbos on the bus chatting away loudly, which fucking irritate the hell out of me. What's with my luck with girls? Do I always have to get bimbos? Why not decent girls for a change?
I ended up being 1 hour and 30 minutes late for the practice. Bloody hell. But my mood started to change from bad to good at right about this point.
When I got into the hall, Daniel immediately caught me with a joke:
--------------------------------------
Me: I'm really sorry guys! The bloody bus was damn slow! Hope I didn't miss much....
Daniel: Oh, Wilfred! We changed the whole formation. And about the lifting, I changed it so that you're getting lifted by the legs. *proceed to give his evil grin*
Sidenote: I realized Daniel is starting to show his evil grin more often.
------------------------------------
Despite the serious nature of cleaning up, today's recital practice was quite light-hearted. Everyone is mingling and joking around, which is definitely good. I can now sense a change in everyone's attitude -- it seems that everyone is now very confident of our item, which boosts our morales even higher!
I mentioned that the instructors don't teach how to control facial expression yesterday. By a stroke of good luck, Daniel taught us the importance and how to control facial expression. But not without some jokes here and there:
------------------------------------
Daniel: You guys must know how to use facial expression to express your emotions. Anne, give me a sad look.
Anne: *changes her facial expression*
Daniel: No, no, that's a stone face.
------------------------------------
Daniel: Helena, give me a sad look!
Helena: *gives a facial expression*
Daniel: That's not sad. How bout angry?
Helena: Err....
Daniel: That's not angry too. Looks like you dunno how to control your facial expression.
Helena: *looks genuinely sad*
Daniel: Ah yes, perfect! That's the kind of sad face I want!
-----------------------------------
After our practice ended, most of our recital group went to eat at the nearby Kopitiam foodcourt.
It was the first time that our recital group actually hung out together! It was quite a cool experience actually. Everyone is trying to get to know each other better. Of course, there were jokes being made in the process too.
-----------------------------------
Justin: Wah, Wilfred from HCJC leh. Elitist lah! Next time become prime minister!
Serene: Huh? Wilfred wanna be PM?
Colin: What? Wilfred wanna be PM?
Nik: Huh? Wilfred wants to be a PM?
Me: =.='''
----------------------------------
Oh yeah, and apparently, Serene thought I was gay. Like what the hell? She meant it jokingly. But her perceptions change when another even greater "gay" came along....
----------------------------------
Justin: Last4 One is in town! I actually took photos with one of the Korean guys. His muscle damn big lah! And he's quite handsome too.
Everyone: *turns around and gave Justin weird looks*
----------------------------------
But we all knew he wasn't gay. But it was quite funny.
At first, Daniel wanted to come and join us for the late dinner. The first thought that popped into my mind was "Don't let Daniel order the food!" I remembered the time when my dancemates and Daniel went for dinner at the Taiwanese restaurant and ordered so much food that even 8 person can't finish.
All in all, today's recital practice is the greatest. I really am starting to like my recital mates alot more. The only sad part was the recital is coming in 9 days! I wish we had known eachother earlier. I wish it wouldn't end. The fun is just geting started. Before you know it, it's all going to end. Sigh.
I am left with 11 more days before I go back to Malaysia, but I still have lots to do! Need to start packing; do SAT practices; do something for the seniors; hang out with the seniors and my dancemates; attend open classes....... etc.
If only we could all be together forevermore..........
-