Sunday, July 27, 2008

48-Hours Ago….

Was a Friday. Since Friday was declared a half day, I was feeling kind of excited throughout the day. The weather was misty and cooling, which made me feel even happier on that day. I knew Friday was going to be jam-packed day, with KFC (Knockout Fac Comm) and going to PE studio after school, and also Temasek Poly Dance Ensemble’s (TPDE) dance night in the evening. I gotta give a round of applause to the Athena Fac Comm for organizing such a fun event. KFC was fun with innovative games and also free food that was given out. In fact, I think KFC was better than Apollo’s fac event. Now I know why Jia Yun was so excited about the whole KFC event. If the Athena Fac Comm continues to be this good, I bet the whole Athena will like their fac more.

After getting like 6 hotdogs and a whole lot of ice-cream the KFC, I went to PE studio to train as usual. A lot of ppl dropped by and danced too, like Terrance, Andre, Teck Kian, Chuan Khim, Pao Pao and Hui Hua. My respect for Hui Hua just increased by a lot when I saw him doing his isolations. I gotta give him credit for that. After practising for like 3 hours, I left the PE studio around 5pm.

Temasek Poly is located at Tampines, and the problem was I didn’t know Tampines was like 1.5 hours away from school. Supposedly, I was meeting Diana, Nik and their friends at the MRT at 6.15, but I only reached there around 15 minutes later. I got to know Erika and Wei Jie through Diana and Nik.

We sat at on the front row and got to watch the whole dance night up close. As we were waiting for the show to start, we spent our time cam-whoring chatting.

The show started at 7.30 pm. The emcees were great! The whole crowd was cheering and shouting even before the opening. The emcees really knew how to hype up the crowd, unlike the ones during HCI dance night. From the start, the performances were great. And ALL OF THEIR PERFORMANCES are linked to each other through a storyline. Their dance night really pawns HCI’s. Their choreo is like so imba and I seriously think their standard is much better. I wonder whether our J1 batch of M.A.D ppl can match up to their standards. I hope they do.


You guys can check out the pics on Diana's blog, coz I'm too lazy to post it up here. Bleh. :P