Monday, July 21, 2008

Trust

Today has been a rather moody day for me, which is quite rare since I rarely get moody over...... err... well, anything at all. I usually don't get moody over stuff and I am quite surprised at myself over how moody I am today.

Basically my whole day was ruined due to someone. If you're reading this (which I am fairly certain you will), I want you to know that you have pissed me off badly during school. Like seriously. The thing I told you was supposed to be kept between us but you gotta get your mouth get the better of you. Then, there's also another issue that I told you that like bloody 5 months ago. I can't believe you spilled the beans to those ppl like only a few days ago while the matter has passed so long ago. When I heard that you're the one who told them, I meant what I said when I wanna bash you up real bad. Big time. I wanna chop your balls off and send them to some India longkang, probably through Fedex.

But after the initial burst of rage subsided, I felt kind of bitter. I realized you have broken my trust again. And I don't even know what or how much you have told them. And to think that I have kept your secrets while I expected you to keep mine. Then you go and backstabbed me like that. I realized that my initial reaction was unfounded: my first reaction should not have been a burst of anger and violence, it should have been the shaking of my head in disappointment. You read it right, disappointment. I trusted you and you have disappointed me by losing my trust. I wonder what else you have done. Not long from now, I bet the whole class will start speculating, thanks to you.

Trust is essential in a relationship, be it between friends, couples, or even classmates. Without trust, any kind of relationship will break down. On a side note, I realized today the importance of what Ie-Ching said -- a dance crew should be made up of ppl we trust. Today was a lesson -- about how ppl cannot be trusted easily. It takes a lifetime for trust to be built, but it only takes a second to destroy whatever trust there was.

I will make sure the same thing will not happen again. I don't think I will ever be that foolish again to confide in a classmate. Like seriously. Ironically, the first song that I listened to when I switched on my PSP was "Apologize" by One Republic.

I think I will treat this whole ordeal as a lesson, and I shall therefore not succumb to the same mistake again. I will remember to choose my subsequent project group mates more carefully, and also my dance crew.

On a lighter note, I finished compiling the PW interview and I watched "So You Think You Can Dance" just now. I saw this hip hop routine which was totally fresh and dope. It has waves, isolation, tutting, and clapping. Yes, the simple motion of clapping. It's simple yet elegant. I think I can include it in my dancing next time. Very cool.

Anyway, a new school week has just started and I am already feeling tired from school. What happened today didn't help to lighten it either. Still, I look forward to tomorrow -- till a better day.