Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturdays

I REALLY LOVE SATURDAYS! Like seriously! Jus came back from dinner with Ie-Ching and Shino at Plaza Sinagpura. I think Saturday is the only day in the week that I can rest up properly and do not need to drag myself out of the bed. Why the fuck does school starts early in Singapore? Do they know that American schools start their lessons at 9am? And there's no such propoganda-ish things like flag raising. They say it's to instill a sense of belonging to Singapore, but in reality, it's not working. You don't go around instilling a sense of belonging by forcing people out of bed early. And look at the number of ppl rushing to leave Singapore.

Anyway, the hip hop lesson today was awesome! The moves are getting faster and harder, but it's worth it. And we learned formations today! Basically we are split into groups of 6 or 7 ppl and are given time to come up with a formation. My group has 6 ppl, including Lao Wang. I think the dance standard of our group is quite good, except for one person. Pardon my lack of experience, but I have enough to be sure that she's not clean when it comes to dancing. She really needs to brush up. And my group's formation is kinda screwed up.

Since I'm like the pseudo-leader of the group, I think I better think of a good formation over the next week. This is like a test of my creativity, and I accept it. I'm sure I can think of something to wow the class, provided my group won't screw up. I'm quite excited for the next lesson!

Anyway, dinner with Ie-Ching and Shino was kinda thought provoking. Ie-Ching raised a point that I find quite true. She said that she envy her friends who are in a dance club or a crew, because her friends look so bonded and she herself needs to pay to dance. I bet she has no idea that's kinda what I felt too. But I think I'm lucky in that there's a PE studio for me to dance everyday in school while Ie-Ching has work. Not to mention, I met many dancing friends while I was at the PE studio. Anyway, paying to go for hip hop lesson is not that bad, since Daniel is a pretty good instructor.

I never regret going to OSchool, and I think I never will.

Dancing is not what I do -- it's what I am.