Finally, I have finished the Econs ILP essay that I have put off for days. I'm glad the hectic week is over and I can get back to doing normal tutorials now. I hope this coming week won't be so streesful so I can just be my happy self.
I just finished my dinner. Today's dinner was probably one of the most funniest one that I had in a long time. As usual, me and the other Malaysian Scholars sat together and eat our dinner. We started talking about our Sec 1 and 2 days. The funny moments, the not-so-funny ones, and everything in-between. We talked about the time Janey Sim scolded Tze Young and asked him to spell "shame", to which he replied "S.H.A.M.E". We talked about the time Xiao Ming was caned in front of our class. We talked about how Coffin Tan(Chen Guan Cai) read aloud Cao Yue's "FUHXM" note.
The conversation was so funny and we reminiscenced about the days that we were so bonded as a class. We were talking and laughing so loud that people were turning their heads to look, but we didn't care. I really miss my 1G/2G class. It was probably one of the best class that I was in, along with Primary 6K. 3Q/4Q was out of the question. I still remember 2G won the best class award during the Sec 2 camp.
Everytime I look back at the fun times we've had, I wonder what my current class 08S6E will become. I think the guy-gal segregation in my class is widening. The gals just don't wanna talk to the guys and the guys don't talk to the girls. And some of the guys (no, no, I'm not looking at you, Hao Cheng, Yu Wei, Bing Yeow and William) just refused to turn up for class outings. Some of the gals just give up on the class entirely. The other ppl are just concerned about spending their time with their "one and only love" (it sounds corny now, doesn't it?). I just hope that ppl will give this class a chance and maybe (i'm being optimistic here) we can become bonded. It's improbable, but it's not impossible.
All this talking about my old class made me realized how far I've come since I first stepped foot in Singapore. Last time, I was this chubby kid obssessed with computer games and Pokemon cards. 4 and a half years later, here I am, more matured, with raging hormones, studying in HCJC, dancing away, and having the time of my life.
Also, it reminds me of how far we've come, as Malaysian Scholars, to this stage. We started off with high-pitched voices, and in the same class. Now we've split up into different classes, in the same JC, each having their own time of their lives. Some changed for the better, and some just became worse (hey S.O.B, i wasn't talking about you =P). What matters is how far we've come.
So here I am, a changed man (pun unintended). One and half years to go before high school life is over. Another one and a half years that I look forward to, with OSchool Recital, possibly forming a dance crew, dancing at PE studio, maybe joining MAD (it's been on my mind since Tze Young asked me about it), improving my skills, making new friends, maintaining old ones, and just having fun.
So guys, when you're on the verge of giving up, or when everything seems to crumble down around you, remember how far you've come to your now, and find the strength to go on. You're not alone, because we're all moving forward.
-