Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Last Class

Yesterday was also a good day for me, in general. It was the last Hip Hop II lesson and it was quite fun. The class started ONE HOUR LATE, but I ain’t complaining because I finally get to talked to Wang Yi properly since THAT incident. The saddest part is that I finally know what some of the ppl in my class is thinking, which is quite ugly.

The Hip Hop class was fun because we get to improved our formation and also get our formation video-ed in front of the whole class. I was happy that Hip Hop II was ending so that I can move on to HH III. We also took a picture after class with Daniel (our instructor).

After the lesson, we ended up talking with Daniel for quite a long time. He taught us some locking moves and also talked about his past. Apparently, he started dancing 8 years ago, and he started by imitating moves from videos and attending dance classes (sounds kinda familiar?). Then he went on to explore many different genres (including ballet!!!) and he formed his own crew. After a period of time, he improved a lot and he got invited to join O Crew and teach Hip Hop (hence the name OSchool). He said that if we need any help in our choreo or formation, we can approach him for help, which is good news because I was thinking of that too.

Oh ya, and OSchool Recital auditions registration was officially opened. I signed up for Hip Hop, Lyrical Hip Hop, and Bboy. Yes, I know I’m not good in bboying yet, but I guess there’s no harm trying. And I also haven’t tried Lyrical Hip Hop before, but I feel like trying out for it. The auditions are set to be on the 17th of August, one day after the start of Hip Hop III. I am moving on with Hip Hop III and Popping I this coming term.

Talking with Daniel was very inspiring. He encouraged us to form our own crew. He said that O Crew was made up of ppl who are good in their own genres, so that they can learn from each other, which was exactly what I visioned my crew to be. Standing there, with Nik, Diana, Ie-Ching, Bryan and Hui Xian, talking with Daniel, I can sense that everyone is inspired by him and everyone was thinking about forming their crew. I wonder whether we can be a crew eventually…… By the time we were done talking, it was already close to 8 p.m (!!!), and I was supposed to watch “Dark Knight” with the other Malaysian Scholars at 7.30 p.m.

To be continued in the post above.....