Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happiness

Happiness is one of the greatest feeling that a person can ever feel, along with love and pride. It is that joy that you get that's flowing from your heart when you feel loved, it is in the friendships that one makes in his/her life, and is also that feeling that a person get when he/she feels that life is fulfilled. For me, I can proudly say that I have experienced all this in the span of past six months in HCJC.

Yesterday, I heard from a good friend that he has already confessed his feelings and is now in a relationship with another person, who is also a friend of mine. Since I promised him that I wouldn't spread, I shall not reveal their names here. Anyway, it wasn't as though the girl didn't know his feelings for her, but a confession is necessary as an official start of a relationship. I really feel happy for both of them. I know that both of them are overly joyous after their date yesterday (i mean, who wouldn't be?), and I can feel their joy even through MSN conversations. Funny how happiness is infectious.

Today, I started mugging again. Finally found the determination to mug after thinking about how little time left till blocks. And my PW is quite screwed because of some incompetent teachers. Since I'm in a good mood, I shall not blog about that today. Well anyway, my family went out for dinner tonight and we went to have desert at Secret Recipe. The cakes at Secret Recipe are one of the best I have ever eaten. Then we started talking about our lives and plans for the future. My brother want to venture in cooking and become a professional chef when he completes high school. And me and my brother both swore to take care of our parents when we're older.

When we said that, I saw true happiness within my parent's facial expression. I can sense it too. It is moment like this that makes me feel happy to have a great family. We might not be very wealthy, we might not have everything under the sun, but at least we have happiness within the walls of our home. How many ppl can claim that?

I just finished watching the Post Orientation Party (POP) videos, specifically, the four fac dances. Dancing is definitely the other thing in my life that makes me feel happy. I like that feeling of performing with other dancers on stage. The feeling you get when you and other ppl that have put in much effort in ensuring that the dance is synchronized. That feeling at the end of the performance when you know you and the other dancers have give their best. That feeling is happiness.

In the past 6 months, there are many instances where everyone is dancing and being happy. The mass dances. The lessons at Oschool. The fac dances. Oreintation. POP. Dancing at the central plaza for council campaign. And of coz, Change concert.

Actually, dancing in the central plaza for council campaign was one of the best experiences in JC life, especially being the person who organized the thing. I remixed the four fac dances right before council campaign starts and I had this sudden idea of dancing in the central plaza with candidates from other facs. Then I proceeded to find the ppl to dance with. Yi Hang, Jia Jun, Chit Yin, Mutton(Yang Lu), Sherry, May Chew, Jun Yang, Derrick, E-hui and me are the ppl that was dancing that day. We practised hard for the performance. On that morning, we caught the attention of the whole school and just dance the remixed version and it was SOOOOOO FFFFUUUUNNNN! The feeling we got was ecstatic. We wanted to told the whole school who we were, but the wireless mikes weren't working. So many ppl didn't know who we were. Sian.

But it was a fun experience, pulling a dance performance all by ourselves. I was proud to be the one who remixed the fac dances. And I was happy. And of course, dancing for Change made me happy too.

Talking bout dancing, the MAD election results are out and the exco looks damn zai. Hui Hua is the president and Chuan Khim is the vice. Out of the whole exco of 11 ppl, I know 7. Lol. Didn't know that many of my friends would go on to being succesful in MAD. Anyway, congrats to Hui Hua, CK, Pao Pao, Regina, Si Quan and Tze Young! The exco is looking good. I am curious as to what will happen in the next year. And this is another reason to be happy!

Today is definitely a day filled with joy. If only everyday would be so joyful.