Some ppl feel that 24 hours is alot of time, but in reality, 24 hours is just too little. On average 6-8 hours will be spent on sleep. Then another 6-8 hours will be spent on school (or on work for adults). That leaves around 8 hours for transport, doing homework, study, CCA, hobbies, family and friends. How the hell do you cram so much in a day? Well, the sad truth is, you can't. Life is short.
There's a line from the video game Kingdom Hearts that I find very true. Towards the end of Kingdom Hearts, there's a scene where Ansem (the antagonist of the game) told Sora (the protagonist) the following line:
"So much to learn, so little time"
When I first heard it, I didn't give it much of a thought. It wasn't till much later, when I was planning my time, then I realized the magnitude of the fact. We have so much to learn, be it in our studies or in our interests, but we are only given a short lifespan to learn. I was planning my holidays and I feel that I have lots to do. I have to study for block tests, entertain my Malaysian friends, spend time with my family, practise hip hop and bboy, manage PW etc. Well, the list goes on. I feel so pressed for time that I feel that I barely got any rest time. I thought of all this then suddenly the line from the game which I played a few years before came on my mind, if only hauntingly, and remind me that life is too short.
For today, I planned to study in the morning and practise my dance in the afternoon. Then my parents suggested that we should go shopping and watch a movie. I thought I would have time to do that at night, but we returned home at 10.30 pm. Not that I am complaining about spending quality time with my parents, but I feel very restless whenever I think of the amount of topics to cover and dances to practise.
Other than being short, life is also too fast. It was just 2 weeks ago that I was involved in Change. The rehearsals at LT3, the practise, the dinners, the dance practises with the MAD guys, the full dress rehearsals at SBG, the concert itself, the post-change-celebration. It all happened in jus 2 weeks. They came and went like a blur. Now, I'm in Malaysia with my family and Malaysian friends. Anyway, I feel much better today and the PCS is almost gone. But i do miss the times occasionally.
Watching Narnia: Prince Casper today, the ending scene is where the four kids went back to their human world, or shall they call it, "reality". Coincidentally, there was a line that was said by Peter (I think) and it was the exact same line that was said by Glenn during Change concert: "all good times must come to an end". It was right, I guess. There will finally come a time where the fun time ends, sadly.
As promised in the last post, I shall give credits to the specific people in Change that made my experience in Change unforgettable:
Chuan Khim
Hey man, thanks for giving me tips on improving my bboy skills from time to time. I think you're a fun guy to hang out with and also a very passionate guy. Your footwork is damn clean and I admire you for that. You're my supposed partner for "wei wu du zun" and also the first of the MAD guys to talk to me. Thanks for that.
Jia Han
Well, where do I start? You are a good and helpful friend to have as a dancer. Thanks for your advice and patience when you teach me bboy such as toprocks and baby freeze. I think that you might make a good instructor someday. Jia you for your power moves and maybe you can become the power head for MAD bboys!
Karlton
Whoa hoh! Athena dance ic! You definitely have the flare for hip hop man, whats with your zai isolation and waving skills. Even when you're bboying there's a trace of hip hop style in it. I think you really deserved to be the Athena dance ic man. You're a humble guy even though you're quite zai for HCI standard, and that's what makes me look up to you. Jia you for your bboy man!
Hui Hua
Potential MAD president! You're a natural popper. Though your style is quite different from Karlton's, I still admire your style. You can come up with damn good choreos like your Hip Hop Head audition choreo and I respect you for that. I do wonder why you're not the Apollo's dance ic. Its their lost, i guess. You're a funny person and also like to act cute at times, but that's what make ppl like you. It's been an honour to have worked with you.
Si Quan
I don't really know what to say to you. You're quite good in bboy but I think you can work on your hip hop too (such as waving, popping and isolation). You're a loud and outgoing person and always very "ji4 dong4" at times. Without you, the practises and discussions would never be as fun coz it would have been quite quiet. Well, anyway, good luck in your dancing!
Shen Hong
Yo, the emo bboy! You always seem to stone and stare into blank space and I dunno what you're thinking. But I think you are probably one of the most passionate dancer I've seen. From your blog and also how you were always thinking of Inspire, I can see that you totally love bboying. i think your toprock is damn nice and damn meng. Keep up the good work man!
Pao Pao
Also another loud one, you are a fun person to hang around with. I notice that you are always the one to initiate a conversation topic although it may be quite random (from Digimon to Fac Comm Camp, anyone?) but that's what make you the life of the discussion. You're quite good at hip hop and maybe you can practise your bboy more.
Glenn
Yo man! I like chatting with you! You actually make quite a good senior you know! I learned quite alot about toprock from you during the session at PE studio. I can still remember you barking like a dog and attracted to dogs. I think you were definitely a dog in your past life (or maybe the future xD). Anyway, I hope i can learn more from you in the near future. Good luck with your bboying man!
The harmonists
Zhou Jing, Zhen Yu, Germaineand Mavis! You guys are always laughing and giggling and your laughters were infectious la! (especially germaine). you guys are the ones that keep me entertained when the dancers were not around and I also like hanging out with you guys. I miss you guys alot!
Shiki (or Shi Qi)
I think you are quite a zai dancer, what's with coming out with choreos for most of the dances in Change. Just remember not to stress yourself up too much again, ok? I was totally stunned when you cried at the PE studio that night. Well anyway, remember to be happy always!
The singers
Welson, Tingyun, Chee Yang, Fu Kuan, Yokie, Mei Ting, Mutton, Jie hui, Eve..........and others that I can't remember with my exhausted mind. You guys are a nice bunch to talk with and have fun. I had lots of fun talking and getting to know you guys. I miss you guys too!
With that, I think I can put aside my feelings for Change and finally get on with my life. I hope I can see you guys again in the near future, especially those that are not in HCI. As for the MAD guys,I hope I can have the chance to dance with you guys again soon, maybe having a session at the PE studio or smth. Hope you guys remember to contact me when you guys are training at the PE studio.
Well, it's close to 1 and I think I will retire to bed for now. Need to wake up early tomorrow coz going to Genting with my family.
-