Sunday, June 1, 2008

We have CHANGEd!

Finally, CHANGE concert is over! I feel glad that the concert was over but yet at the same time I feel a tinge of sorrow too.

Yesterday I woke up close to 7 and I was freaking late. I was supposed to be at the SBG Symphony stage by 7am but I feel damn shagged from the night before. I thought I was the latest, then I went up the bus and saw Si quan there. It turns out I'm not the only late one.
But once we get there, we realized we don't really need to be there. the full run that was scheduled in the morning was cancelled because they need to set up equipments for the concert. So that means we wasted another morning because of the inefficiency of the admin. Sometimes I think CIP does not do us justice for a wasted morning.

Well anyway, we did rehearsed for a while in the afternoon and slack around. Then around 4 pm, all performers stop rehearsing and get ready for the concert. The CHANGE ppl managed to get a good make-up artist and a hairstylist for the concert. I must say the make up artist was damn professional. As for the hairstylist........ I didn't get the chance to get my hair styled by her. The efficient admin only got 1 hairstylist to style ,like, around 50 ppl's hair? In the end, the dancers are supposed to style our hair ourselves. BTW, Chuan Khim's hair looked quite cool after we made his hair spiky.

Oh ya, around the evening, we spend our time "looking for Hui Hua's tissue". Haha. Apparently, Hui Hua "lost" his tissue amidst the piles and piles of goodie bags. So we "helped" him to search for it. While we were "searching" for his tissue, we also found some food in the goodie bags. So..................we claim the food as ours and run far,far away to eat the food. So that's how we spend the evening "searching for Hui Hua's tissue". It was quite hilarious actually. Then after we finally "found" his tissue, we went back backstage with a satisfied appetite.

The concert started around 7.30 pm. The turnout was ok I guess. I approximate like around 200-300 ppl turned up. The concert started ok at first, but along the way, some screw-ups happened and in the end, the whole concert was off schedule by around 20 minutes. One screw up was particularly memorable. Jie Hui entered for "bo jian dai" from stage left and he tripped over one of the wires and he fell down on stage. The dancers behind him were stunned and they missed the opening beat for the dance, so the opening was screwed-up. I find it kinda funny cause I can just imagine the audience gasp when Jie Hui fell down.

Back to backstage. The dancers was talking about random stuff (e.g digimon, anyone?) before "wei wu du zun", which was probably the highlight of the concert. And we whooshed a few times too. Then it was our turn to take the stage. We went out and dance splendidly. There were a few minor mistakes here and there but it was quite good overall. The feeling of dancing on stage in front of everyone was very remarkable. I feel so energized when I danced in front of a large crowd. Now I know how the MAD ppl felt when they danced for SHAKE!.

Then we went back backstage and waited for the finale,"yong yuan de kuai le" and "san tian san ye", where everyone is performing. We did ok for the finale, though some of us crashed our freezes on the last pose, including me. But during "san tian san ye", everyone went crazy. We were running and jumping like crazy and hugged each other. The dancers formed a human chain and we ran around the stage a few times. We were damn zi high. It was totally chaotic, but it was damn fun too. The dancers also did some obscene gestures on stage (like who could forget the humping action we did on stage?), but it was of pure comical relief. The performers all became crazy. I couldn't get the scene off my mind because it was the most fun moments of the concert.

Then the concert ended. Damn lot of ppl came to backstage and offered congrats. Thanks to Mo xiang, Li Jie, Hui Wei, Emelyne, Ziang, Xian You, Kai Liang and Jin Loong who came for the concert. I didn't really expect you guys to come though. So I was damn surprised to see you guys there. Special thanks to Emelyne too for giving me the flower. (Note: To the MAD BBoys, she is just a friend. Don't think too much. There's nothing wrong in giving flowers to a friend right?Glenn was like asking whose is it from and implied some scandal in the air.)

Then we rushed to pack everything up as the SBG workers were unhappy. We ended close to 30 minutes off schedule and we still have alot to pack up. So the celebration ended abruptly and we start to pack everything up. While we were packing up, we also need to move in the leftover goodie bags. Well, you can guess what happened. While we were moving goodie bags, we were "looking for Hui Hua's tissue" at the same time. and while we were "searching", Chee Yang came and saw us scavenging. We thought he would scold us,but instead, he looked at us and said "don't jus take the individual items la. you can take the goodie bags later." So actually he knew that alot of ppl were taking stuff from the goodie bags. Haha.

We were supposed to return to school after we packed up, but the dancers totally dao-ed and went for ice jelly at Adam Food Market. We sat there and ate and talked cock till around 12 am before leaving. We were all glad that the concert was over and were making (lame) jokes about "Change". Hui Hua suggested we should all put "we have CHANGEd" as our msn nicks. Hence the blog title. I reached the boarding school around 1am and bathe. Then i slept.

But while we were having fun at the Adam Food Market, I was actually quite emo. I was glad Change is over but i also feel kinda sad to realize that I will probably never get the chance to perform with the same group of fun ppl again. Hui Hua, Karlton, Shen Hong, Jia han, Si Quan, Pao Pao, Chuan Khim and Glenn. They are a great bunch of ppl and I had lots of fun working with them. Maybe if I join MAD next year, I might get to work with them. But then again, if i join MAD, I would be joining Hip Hop. Since most of them are bboys, I wont get to perform with them. Unless maybe I join BBoy........... well, maybe. But I dunno whether I have time to devote to Bboy or not. Well, I'll jus see how.

Another reason to feel emo is because I won't be working with the performers. The singers and harmonist, i mean. They are also a great bunch of ppl. I like to talk to them because some of them are always damn funny. Especially the harmonists Zhen Yu, Germaine, Mavis and another person (sorry, can't rememebr the name). I also remember Welson, Tingyun, Fu Kuan, Shao Wei, Shi Qi, Xing Yi, Mutton, Eve, Jie Hui and alot more ppl that I can't remember now. After the concert, I'll most likely not see them often, so it's kinda sad too. Sigh. Like Glenn said, all good times must come to an end.

Now I kinda feel empty. After practising almost everyday for 2 weeks, then suddenly there's no more rehearsals. Not that I miss the process of rehearsing, but I seriously miss the ppl. So now I feel empty again. This feeling sucks man. I can't believe I'm suffering from PCS (Post-CHANGE-Syndrome). Ah well, at least I got time for proper rest.

Siao. This post is freaking long la. Thanks to the ppl who actually read till this far. I bet most would just read halfway then give up. Haha. Sian, I also feel kinda sad that the OG outing was cancelled today. I was looking forward to it. Anyway, I think I will have lunch then go out. Haven't had the chance to go out and have fun for a long time.

Once again, we have CHANGEd!