Sunday, June 8, 2008

Moment of reprieve

Today is basically a rest day for me, even though it originally wasn't supposed to be. And to quote from Miss Ong, my ex-GP teacher, I now sleep at "ungodly hours". I slept like around 3 am yesterday and woke up at 12.30 pm today. Quite "ungodly", huh? Well anyway, I planned to mug and practise dance today, but I ended up only mug chem today. Sian.

My family went to what probaly is the best food court in KL, which is known as Asiacafe. Having worked there for 1 week last year, I know the best food stalls around there. Asiacafe is like this gigantic foodcourt with about 100 hawker stalls selling lots of different food. The variety you can get there is uncontestable. And the food there is above average, but affordable. I seriously think the food in Malaysia is better. (I bet Valerie's mouth is watering by now.... xD)

We ordered like tons of food ranging from homemade chicken wings to fried mushrooms to tom yam. I think we spent about 60 plus just on our dinner tonight. Not a dinner..more like a feast, really. Afterthat, we had desert at this shop called "Ice Monster". The shop is Taiwanese based and they sell ice with ice cream and fruits. Its damn nice I must say. I really feel like tonight's dinner was one of the best ever since I returned from Singapore. Then we headed home and I started my daily mugging. I hate mugging but its a necessary evil. T.T

I should seriously start my dancing practise soon. With all the food I'm eating, I think I'm gaining like tons of weight. Haha. Later I worry I become damn fat. Not to mention I missed my first Hip Hop 2 lesson last week and I'm going to miss the next one too. Sian. I heard from Diana it's quite hard and involve lots of waves, but nothing sounds like a good challenge. Hehe. Anyway, I like waves. = )

Talking about dancing, I have been thinking whether I should start bboying too. Actually, with Tse Young as my close friend, I know I would be sucked into bboying one day. But what catalyses the voyage into bboying is probably Change concert. I met the MAD guys through Change and they sparked my interest in bboying. Not to mention, they added some bboy stuff into the concert choreo so, being the only non bboy there, I was compelled to learn anyway (not that I'm complaining =P).

I look at the guys and I think: Wow. They became this good in 6 months, so why can't I? Then I finally decide to start bboying. bboy.org is like damn helpful for bboys and not to mention the Comprehensive How-To Bboy Guide I found there. The guide is totally dope. And it boasts 180 pages.

Though i start bboying, I think my main style should still be Hip Hop. I just love waves and isolation and popping and locking and hard and fast moves and........well, you get the idea. Basically everything about hip hop. Bboy would be my 2nd style. Actually, I don't really care. I jus wanna master hip hop and all its related genres and combine everything into one dance. Kinda like street dancing in Step Up 2. That would be cool. But for now, I need to start practising. Havent been practising dance for like a few days. Getting kinda restless.

I'm glad that I have time to sort my block tests stuff and dance. This moment of reprieve is like a breath of fresh air amidst the busy daily life. Well, who knows, maybe I would get into MAD hip hop AND bboy next year. xD. haha.

Chill.