I woke up this morning around 11am and finished mugging the remaining chapters of Econs. Apparently, this attempt to mug have ended up in vain because.....well, you see, when I flipped over the bloody paper, it turns out that you can just throw away most of your Econs knowledge out of the window since most of the questions is paper 1 is not linked to the later chapters of market structure. Should have just continue sleeping this morning.
I feel like I got fucked for the 1st Econs paper coz I probably gave an inaccurate definition of price discrimination and I didn't finish the last question, which has a whooping 12 mark tag on it. But that serves as a reminder to me to write faster for Paper 2, which is the strutured essay paper. I barely finished writing the essential points of the essay when time is up, so the essay lacked a proper conclusion. Ah well, at least i managed to finish it.
When I got the Paper 2 or Econs, I stunned there and looked at the questions for 5 minutes. There was no data given but an explanation was expected. Here are the questions so to help you understand what I mean:
"1. Recently, the price of wheat rose by 77% while the price of rice has jumped 141%.
(i) Using economic analysis, explain why the price of agricultural goods has increased steeply. [12 marks]
(ii) Discuss the measures that a government can implement to solve the problem of the price hike. [13 marks]"
I bet you are stunning in front of your computer after you read the question too. Like, what the hell? "The price of *insert shit here* has risen by *insert another shitty number here*. Explain."
Luckily, like most of the ppl in my school, I have common sense. And thank god I have my knowledge of Human Geog to help me explain the rise in demand (which is probably due to the rising number of kiddies around Asia). The question contains no hint as to why the price rose at all. But I think at least I did okay for this test.
I bet the Econs essay question would contain more absurd questions and expect you to explain. Probably a question like this would appear for EOY Promo Exam:
"The bathroom in my house has run out of toilet rolls.
(i) Using common sense, explain this economic phenomenon. [40 marks]
(ii) Suggest measures that the government can implement to help you (to wipe ur ass). [60 marks]"
Now that is what I call an Econs essay question. Go on, HCI, give us lesser data for Paper 2. I'm sure we can manage.
Well anyway, now that Econs test is over, i can focus on the remaining 3 subjects, of which I have more confidence to do well. Till then, JIA YOU to everyone having their blocks! We can pull this shit off!
-