As I took the bus ride back to boarding school, I was thinking of my whole Change journey. It all happened so fast that I couldn't believe it had already ended. I could still remember I got a call from Mutton on Vesak Day asking me to dance for Change. I was excited that I got the dancing role cause it was definitely my passion and what I like to do. I turned up at the PE studio the next day. Shi Qi taught me the opening of "wei wu du zun" and not long after, the MAD guys came and joined us. It was my first glimpse of the dancers that I would work with for the next 2 weeks.
For the following days, I went for rehearsals and keep practising the dances. It might be dull at times, but meeting new people and making new friends sure justify the dull times. I loved talking to the harmonists. The singers too. Once the holiday starts, we had full dress rehearsals. Everybody was busy with their things. I remember the early mornings where everyone is groggy but still practising their items. I remember the cyphers the dancers had at AVT in-between rehearsals. I remember the dinners with the singers. I remember the debriefs where no one was listening. I remember the dancers hanging out at the PE studio.
Closer to the concert, we went to SBG for rehearsals. There were times were everyone was having fun, be it dancing or singing or "looking for tissue". Then the concert day came and we put our best for the concert. Though not many ppl came, at least it was still ok.
Actually, the night after the concert, the PCS was very bad because I never said a proper farewell to the people in Change. Me and the dancers just left after the concert is done. The next morning, I woke up and felt a sense of regret for not saying goodbye to them. but thankfully there's the post-Change-celebration last night at Sakae Sushi. I had the chance to talk to the people there one last time and tell them how I felt about them. With that, my whole Change journey has came to an official close. BTW, thanks to Chee Yang for the dinner last night. He totally tanked the whole bill.
I woke up this morning thinking that my PCS would alleviate, but actually I felt worse than the night before. I really miss the times we had together. The singers, the harmonists, and (especially) the dancers. It dawns on me that once I return to Malaysia for the next 2 weeks, I would never get to see them for a period of time. As i'm typing this, I am waiting for my departure time. I'm leaving for Malaysia today and this is the first time that I'm not looking forward to go back to Malaysia.
Karlton told me that i'll get over it soon enough. Well, that's true, but I just want to be with my memories of Change for now. I want to hold them tight, reflect upon them, then put it away and go on with my life. I was packing today and i realised I have lots to do during this holiday. Not only I need to study for my block tests, I have to plan the logistics of my PW trial and also do more exercise while I have the chance. I also must make use of this time to practise my hip hop moves and learn my bboy stuff. That's alot to be done in 3 weeks.
It's 4.30 now. I got to go and cab a ride to Lavender Street and board the 5pm bus.
Change journey ends here.
P.S. I shall post my thanks to the specific ppl in Change when I get back to Malaysia.
-